[#2750] Problem with PAP integration

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #175974 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Problem with PAP integration

Do you use it only on task=register page or is there any other page that we should remove also ?

CBSubs PAP integration is not used on the registration page, but is executed through their PHP API on the payment completion page (or shortly before it for that matter) directly after payment confirmation.

If we use this code we have the PAP cookie automatically set by our PAP integration (I just checked). In this case can we use the normal anchor or direct links from PAP instead of the old redirect links for your PAP integration to work ?

This way we would have your pap integration working (once updated by joomlapolis) and our own click tracking allowed in PAP

Disable your plugin and any further PAP integrations then test. All possible conflicts need to be ruled out, please create a clean install of just Joomla + CB + CBSubs and test if PAP will work there. I suspect something installed maybe conflicting.

I was able to confirm with latest release of PAP that the CBSubs PAP integration is working perfectly fine. There is likely a configuration issue present. Please PM backend super administrator login credentials as well as admin credentials to your PAP installation and will configure for you.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #176029 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Re: Problem with PAP integration

Disable your plugin and any further PAP integrations then test. All possible conflicts need to be ruled out, please create a clean install of just Joomla + CB + CBSubs and test if PAP will work there. I suspect something installed maybe conflicting.

I was able to confirm with latest release of PAP that the CBSubs PAP integration is working perfectly fine. There is likely a configuration issue present. Please PM backend super administrator login credentials as well as admin credentials to your PAP installation and will configure for you.

I disabled it and tested without success. Sent credentials by PM if you want to check the PAP installation.

Thanks

12 years 7 months ago #176068 by activha

I was able to confirm with latest release of PAP that the CBSubs PAP integration is working perfectly fine....

I doubt this, even if we set an affiliate ID, the commissions are registered in our PAP installation but the 5 optional data fields are not transmitted, only 3 are transmitted and in the wrong order.

Further we can check that the PAP cookie does exist in the browser and is properly set whatever configuration is set in PAP (redirected links, direct links or anchor links).

All click reporting is working ok from our website to PAP so there must be something wrong with CB integration.

We need to use PAP software with anchor links and all professional add ons from PAP, we don't want to downgrade our installation just because CB and cbsubs is not up to date to use all PAP functionalities.

So please let us know what needs to be done to use correct anchor links or direct links in PAP with your integration.

And I'm getting a little angry now because as a paying customer I'd like a little more help on these basic issues.

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #176116 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Problem with PAP integration

I doubt this, even if we set an affiliate ID, the commissions are registered in our PAP installation but the 5 optional data fields are not transmitted, only 3 are transmitted and in the wrong order.

I did not test the fields, that was not the major concern at this time. The concern was ensuring that commissions were being tracked and in my tests they are tracked perfectly fine. We'll tackle the fields issue after we've the commissions working for you. At any rate we're using their API to set data1-5 correctly (have reviewed source). If a field value is empty we don't bother setting it. So if you configure 5 fields to pass to PAP and 1 of those fields returns an empty value then only 4 are set.

Further we can check that the PAP cookie does exist in the browser and is properly set whatever configuration is set in PAP (redirected links, direct links or anchor links).

In most cases it will always exist, but if domain isn't configured right and if the cookie isn't configured right then the API won't see it. Below is an example of my localhost configuration for tracking and cookies.

Tracking Settings
Main site URL: http://localhost/cb/j15/index.php
Delete raw click records older than: 3
Delete expired visitor - affiliate relations: CHECKED
Link style: Standard links (redirect)
Support DirectLink linking: CHECKED
Support Short Anchor linking: CHECKED
ALL OTHERS: Blank/Unchecked

Cookies
Cookie domain: localhost
Overwrite cookie: CHECKED

All click reporting is working ok from our website to PAP so there must be something wrong with CB integration.

Click tracking will always work it's no where near the same API. The affiliate link it self being a redirect (if you configured according to our instructions) will perform the click tracking the instant it's clicked.

We need to use PAP software with anchor links and all professional add ons from PAP, we don't want to downgrade our installation just because CB and cbsubs is not up to date to use all PAP functionalities.

If you're not going to follow our installation instructions then it is not going to work.

So please let us know what needs to be done to use correct anchor links or direct links in PAP with your integration.

Please test with redirect link usage as instructed in the documentation. This was the recommended URL usage we received from PAP themselves and thus it was used.

And I'm getting a little angry now because as a paying customer I'd like a little more help on these basic issues.

I have been trying to help you. Have even attempted to review your PAP install, which is not loading on my end. You have also refused to do as I've told you to do and instructed you to do according to the documentation. If you are not going to work with me in the process of finding your issue then we can no longer continue support for your issue. Please do as I've instructed and please also contact PAP as to why your install will not let me access the merchant panel, they would better know their software then I would.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 7 months ago #176122 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re: Problem with PAP integration
Hi activha,
As you can see, our team is here to help you (and has also helped you between posts by PM). Our goal is that your installation works.

CBSubs supports fine anchoring of PAP, that's not the issue. There is another issue in your PAP installation or settings, and that needs to be reviewed as next step, best by the PAP team, but we can also do the review, if you provide a working access.

Thanks for your understanding and your cooperation in solving your issue, and please let us know when access is possible.

Best Regards,

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

12 years 7 months ago #176154 by activha
Hi Beat

Thanks for your words but all is working ok for us and our staff to access PAP merchant and user login so I don't really understand your problems here.

We just checked again and our settings are :

Tracking Settings
Main site URL: activ-ha.com/index.php
Delete raw click records older than: 3
Delete expired visitor - affiliate relations: CHECKED
Link style: Standard links (redirect)
Support DirectLink linking: CHECKED
Support Short Anchor linking: CHECKED

Cookies
Cookie domain: activ-ha.com
Overwrite cookie: CHECKED
P3P policy : NOI NID ADMa DEVa PSAa OUR BUS ONL UNI COM STA OTC

When we try with a test sale, the cookie is well written and the debug log from PAP shows

Saving sale/action for visit: visitid = 806, accountid = , rstatus = C, visitorid = ccf0464db7887da9f9e4d10E8YduDENa, visitoridhash = 145, datevisit = 2011-09-13 09:54:11, trackmethod = N, url = H_activ-ha.com/index.php, referrerurl = , get = ?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&user=85&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&cbpgacctno=5&cbppdtback=a12629f62c68629a1c1edd514cb851ed&cbpbasket=33&result=notify&cbpid=cbp4e6f8a84302a6733737273&format=raw&view=article&id=3, anchor = , sale = [{"ac":"","t":"250.00000","f":"","o":"85_5","p":"5","d1":"qsdf","d2":"titi","d3":"qsdf","d4":"","d5":"","a":"","c":"9020618c","b":"","ch":"","cc":"","s":"A","cr":"","cp":"","ts":""}], cookies = , ip = 173.0.82.126, useragent =

Then impossible to recognize the visitor from cookie !

All was working very fine without any problem with our former implementation of AEC and its micro integration.

We switched to cbsubs because of your features and professionalism also but we really need to fix this as soon as possible.

I will send the debug file to you by email
Thanks

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn