[#2750] Problem with PAP integration

12 years 7 months ago #176170 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Problem with PAP integration
The cookie looks correct as does your PAP configuration. PAP is looking for visitorid, which appears present and populated as it should be. At some point during the integrations usage it is failing, but unsure where (usage is correct according to PAP documentation). I would need access to the PAP install to test. Backend login credentials for the Joomla site provided earlier also no longer appear to be current.

If you could please contact PAP regarding your install to see what would be blocking me would be greatly appreciated; perhaps a security feature in PAP?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #176178 by krileon
Was able to finally get to the PAP installation using IE9 with IE8 rendering. If you could please PM backend super administrator login credentials will continue with the investigation. :)

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 7 months ago #176179 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Re: Problem with PAP integration
OK access to superadmin has been reauthorized but please do not change things without warning, we had to find out the changes you made to mootools loading as it broke something else ;-)

For now the only core modification to CB is the removing of the file curvycorners.js that seems to break the use of piecss by our template.

12 years 7 months ago #176182 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Re: Problem with PAP integration

My sale tracking code is OK, but sales are not tracked
You have probably forgotten to insert the click tracking code into the landing page (destination URL of your banner). Sales cannot be tracked without click tracking. When a visitor clicks on the banner, he/she is redirected to your landing page. There should be a click tracking code, because it also creates a cookies, where PAP saves data about affiliate (or PAP remembers the IP address). When the customer makes a sale, then PAP loads data about affiliate from cookies or search the IP address. If the clicks are not tracked, PAP can not recognize, what affiliate should get a commission.

I found this on PAP website.
You told us to remove all click tracking code in our landing pages. May that be the reason sales tracking is failing ?

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #176184 by krileon

OK access to superadmin has been reauthorized but please do not change things without warning, we had to find out the changes you made to mootools loading as it broke something else

No worries, reply in your IE issue post included what was changed.

For now the only core modification to CB is the removing of the file curvycorners.js that seems to break the use of piecss by our template.

I see, your change to the file is what resolved it. Have replied to your IE issue tagging it with a bug ticket.

For testing purposes I've created a test user as demouser1, a dummy gateway as Test Gateway, and a test plan as Test Donation.

I found this on PAP website.
You told us to remove all click tracking code in our landing pages. May that be the reason sales tracking is failing ?

We're using the PHP API as seen below to handle sales tracking.

support.qualityunit.com/knowledgebase/post-affiliate-pro/programmers-documentation/api/tracking-api/papapisaletracker.html

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #176189 by krileon
Have reviewed your installation and using the test account, gateway, and donation plan was able to successfully log commissions. Upon review of your plans none of them were configured to log commissions for upgrades.

This means commissions will only work for newly registered users who are purchasing one of the plans for the first time. Any purchase after being registered is basically considered an Upgrade as you're upgrading from Free user/plan to another plan.

I temporarily set the Business plan to allow commissions for upgrades and made a purchase, which successfully registered the commissions.

Please review your plans and set "Subscription Update(Upgrade):" to "New Commission" if you'd like commissioning for existing users. Otherwise it will only function for newly registered users. Please also note it took about 2-3 minutes per test for commissions to be seen in PAP so allow ample time during any testing for commissions to show.

At this time you can delete the test user (demuser1), test gateway (Test Gateway), and test plan (Test Donation) or continue to use for your tests, all of which are now disabled and would need to be re-enabled to continue testing with them. If you'd like me to remove the test content please say so as left for you to see is working. Any changes made to your pre-existing plans were reverted to previous values so all is unchanged except for test content as stated earlier.

I believe the parameter needs some further clarification to help avoid such situations. :)

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn