[#2763] problem with plan subscription page and IE

12 years 6 months ago #176053 by krileon
It's a CSS problem most likely. It's hard to review as IE debug tools are garbage. At any rate you should contact your template developer as they'd know best their own templates source.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 6 months ago #176146 by activha

krileon wrote: It's a CSS problem most likely. It's hard to review as IE debug tools are garbage. At any rate you should contact your template developer as they'd know best their own templates source.

Well after digging a little myself this is not a CSS problem but a javascript problem coming from CB curvycorners.min.js which is conflicting with our template.

I have renamed your file for now which is dealing with our problem with IE but I guess that there is a better way to do it and correct the bug from your side.

Can you tell me what to do ??

12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #176148 by krileon
Do you have the JS error exactly? Did not see anything in IE debugger. This likely means your template is loading jQuery and not in a noConflict state, which is conflicting with CBs jQuery library. CB runs jQuery in a noConflict state and pushes its own instance of jQuery to $. We'll be adding a deeper noConflict with release of CB 2.0. Your template should be routing jQuery to a new variable to prevent conflicts with other extensions (big problem if template is loading jQuery 1.6+ as it has huge incompatibilities with previous releases).

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #176149 by krileon
Reviewed your install and your template had a switch to disable mootools. I've disabled it and confirmed is now working. Please also confirm if working on your need. Appears the mootools the template is loading is taking over the $ selector used by jQuery.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

12 years 6 months ago #176151 by activha
Nothing to do with mootools.
Mootools is not loaded on this page, the page is only working now on IE7/8 because we renamed the file curvycorners.min.js to curvycorners.min.jsbak in order to allow new registration to our website urgently since it was not working !!

I guess that this may have to do with the way we deal with IE and the use of css3pie.com/ by our template

What I am asking is what is the use of curvy corners.min.js made by CB or CBsubs and how to remove the call to this file which is conflicting with our template ?

12 years 6 months ago #176181 by krileon
Honestly, no idea what it's used for. Did a complete search of CB core and don't see it used for anything and that it is only loaded for IE. I've added the following bug ticket to further track the issue; it's possible it isn't needed any further. Believe it's safe to rename it for the time being.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/2763

Apologize for the inconvenience and great find!

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn