block user on after user reg, based on fld

12 years 5 months ago #182759 by nant

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 weeks ago #196354 by dotcom22
hello

I implemented your trick based on the Nant tutorial and all work fine..

However I get a problem about the welcome message. In fact when a user register and his account is triggered for be set on "Unapproved" status, the standard welcome message is sent. Then when we decide to approve this user, he get unfortunately again the same welcome message.

I wondering if is possible to avoid to send the first welcome message (like that the user will get only the second when we approved his profile) but I imagine this is not possible because you mention this is an issue when using this trick. But maybe is possible to avoid to send the second message (like that we can setup another email using Auto-Action and trigger onAfterUserApproval for send a better customized message adapted to this situation).

How do you deal with the fact to send twice welcome message ??

Other issue:

My website is in french and german but I setup Joomla backend in english because is more easy and convenient to manage in english for me.

I noticed when I need to approve a user and if I keep my backend in english, the user will not receive his email notification on his own language. In fact I don't use english on my frontend...so user will get a blank notification with inside the language string untranslated.

So if I'm not wrong that mean I must always check in which language user have registered and switch Joomla backend in the same language used by user. Then I can approve his account like that user will get the correct notification in his own language..

This is a bit annoying because of course this require to not forget to always switch Joomla language backend otherwise user will get wrong email notification language.

Do you plan to allow us to send this kind of message in the correct user language, even if our backend is not in a language active and used in frontend ??? Or maybe this happen also due to the bug mentioned in my other topic who discuss to the same problem but for CBSUBS ??

thank

I use Joomla 3.3.6 - CB 2.0.4 - CBSubs 4 - Several Incubator plugins

12 years 2 weeks ago #196441 by krileon

However I get a problem about the welcome message. In fact when a user register and his account is triggered for be set on "Unapproved" status, the standard welcome message is sent. Then when we decide to approve this user, he get unfortunately again the same welcome message.

You may want to try the Fields action as the query action doesn't update the current $user object while the Fields action does.

I wondering if is possible to avoid to send the first welcome message (like that the user will get only the second when we approved his profile) but I imagine this is not possible because you mention this is an issue when using this trick. But maybe is possible to avoid to send the second message (like that we can setup another email using Auto-Action and trigger onAfterUserApproval for send a better customized message adapted to this situation).

You could disable CBs email within CB > Configuration > Registration and configure CB Auto Actions to send your emails.

I noticed when I need to approve a user and if I keep my backend in english, the user will not receive his email notification on his own language. In fact I don't use english on my frontend...so user will get a blank notification with inside the language string untranslated.

Known issue. Emails send from backend will send in the language of the administrator performing the action rather then the language of the user receiving the email.

Do you plan to allow us to send this kind of message in the correct user language, even if our backend is not in a language active and used in frontend ???

Yes, it's a bug.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.295 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn