[#3020] CB Conditional plugin questions

12 years 4 months ago #183276 by basidee
Replied by basidee on topic Re: CB Conditional plugin questions

Do you have fields hidden by CB Conditional that could be on another tab and are shown on registration? If so then that could be the issue. I recommend upgrading to latest release of CB Conditional (1.2.0) if not done so already.

I am using 1.2.0. I checked the fields that have the register column enabled on the fields tab backend. In fact, there are 10 fields on the frontend and 9 visible backend. the only one not visible backend is the verify_password field (which is embedded in the password field. And all these fields are visible in the first tab.

State fields need to have a condition based off the Country field. This allows multiple conditions based off the country field. Example as follows.

Field A - No Condition
Field B - if Field A is Equal To 123 then Show
Field C - if Field A is Equal To 456 then Show

I don't see how that would work for me because C is a subset of B, which is a subset of A. What I really need is to be able to say:

Field A - no condition
Field B - if A is 123, show
Field C - if A is 123 and B is 456, show (or if B is hidden, don't show)

The limitation is that the script does not support more that one condition per field

Please confirm if you can find a solution to these issues, otherwise I can disable this plugin for now (shame really, since I really need this feature) while you submit it to the development team for resolution in a future release.

Thanks for your support

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago #183289 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Conditional plugin questions

I am using 1.2.0. I checked the fields that have the register column enabled on the fields tab backend. In fact, there are 10 fields on the frontend and 9 visible backend. the only one not visible backend is the verify_password field (which is embedded in the password field. And all these fields are visible in the first tab.

Something has to be rendering a tab on registration, whether it's empty or not is irrelevant, this could be a 3rd party extension too. Please provide a URL to your registration page so can review source to see what tab is rendering (you may PM this link to me if you like).

Field C - if A is 123 and B is 456, show (or if B is hidden, don't show)

Not possible, the plugin only allows 1 condition per field whether it's displaying others or it self. It might be possible for me to implement a check to see if the field it's conditionally displaying off of is even visible and if it's not then also hide it self.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3020

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 4 months ago #183319 by basidee

12 years 4 months ago #183376 by krileon
Step 2 is your reCaptcha. Plugins that render content on the registration page without a tab are given their own tab. When you click to go to the next step you see that it's your captcha after completing the first step.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 4 months ago #183388 by basidee
Well, is there a way I can control that (i.e. force it show in tab 1)? Otherwise, it sounds like another issue to be submitted to the developers. It doesn't sound right that a recaptcha should go into a new tab by default.

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #183391 by krileon
Well the developers of reCaptcha didn't make it a fiedltype so it's going to render as its own step as CB Conditional turns tabs into steps. The same can be said for CB Captcha. I really don't understand the point of using step by step if you're going to have 1 step. Disabling step by step would give you your desired display.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn