CB Facebook HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error)

11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #208874 by meninger
I have the CB Facebook installed and configured with facebook API. I have the modular activated and plugins turned on so it shows the facebook login button.

I click on the facebook login (as a test) and the facebook popup shows to enter your information in. After I finish that, I hit connect and the page goes blank in firefox.

I get a url that looks something like this...

/index.php/members/pluginclass?plugin=cb.facebookconnect&action=facebook&return=BRaHR0cDovL2RlbW8uZmlzaGZsaWNzLmNvbS93YXRjaC9pbmRleC5waHAvZmZsb2dpbg==

In chrome, it shows an 500 server error.
HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request.

Attached is what I see.

Any ideas on why this happens and how to resolve this glitch?
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 6 months ago #208878 by krileon
Enable debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration. Once done attempt to connect again and review any on-screen errors. Joomla version? CB version? FBC version?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 6 months ago #208887 by meninger
@ Krileon,

Thanks for the quick response.. I did what you asked and this is what I get...

Catchable fatal error: Object of class stdClass could not be converted to string in /opt/bitnami/apps/joomla/htdocs/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbfacebookconnect/cb.facebookconnect.php on line 912

Joomla version? 1.7.3
CB version? 1.8.1
FBC version? 1.8

11 years 6 months ago #208891 by nant

meninger wrote:
Joomla version? 1.7.3
CB version? 1.8.1
FBC version? 1.8

I believe that FBC is 1.11 and you need to upgrade.

Also your joomla version is no longer supported.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn