Create 1000 users and add to groups according to cb field and cbsubs

11 years 2 months ago #219827 by deltafidesign
Is there a way to auto generate 1000 ( for example) fake users using API as in your tutorial at allmysocials.com and join them to different groupjive groups according to the value of a cb field (city)?

Also, I use cbsubs so those users should match a specific subscription.

Possible? If yes, how to?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 2 months ago #219865 by krileon
Yes, you can use a CSV file to format user import for CB Juice. You can then use CB Auto Actions to add them to groups automatically as believe CB Juice fires the after registration triggers.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: deltafidesign

11 years 2 months ago #219886 by deltafidesign
Ok, it works for auto generate users and also for auto-creation and auto-join to groups using auto-actions in groupjive.

Just cannot show those activities in the activity tab or module and also I don't know how I can even create a subscription and insert users into a specific group instead of the default "registered" ACL group.

Only solution is to manually edit DB now?

11 years 2 months ago #219892 by krileon

Just cannot show those activities in the activity tab or module

You don't want to show this activity in CB Activity or it's not showing this activity like you're expecting? Please clarify. If you don't want the activity created for them then just disable the CB Activity plugin, do your import, enable it again.

I don't know how I can even create a subscription and insert users into a specific group instead of the default "registered" ACL group.

Automatically? CB Auto Actions can do both. Just setup new actions for CB Paid Subscriptions 3.x and Usergroup with after registration trigger. CB Juice I believe also lets you set the usergroup to give them on import.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 2 months ago #219895 by deltafidesign
About Activity, I would show them, but they are not recorded.

About user groups, Cb juice let me choose CB fields, not sure how can I choose multiple user groups to assign to my fake users.

11 years 2 months ago #219901 by krileon

About Activity, I would show them, but they are not recorded.

What activity is not recorded? Please be more specific. Does your CB Auto Actions work?

About user groups, Cb juice let me choose CB fields, not sure how can I choose multiple user groups to assign to my fake users.

I've no idea, please post your CB Juice specific questions to the below CB Juice forums.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/226-cb-juice

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn