[#3908] Modification of Groupjive groups within cat lost all logos and files

11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #220559 by activha
Well I have posted earlier on groupjive group

We changed groups from a category to another and we have lost all logos and files relationships.

At first I thought it was only logos, but now we checked that all 200 M of files have been lost, or at least relationships are lost.

Can you tell me how to solve it ? we had moved all intranet to groupjive and need help urgently

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #220562 by krileon
Known issue, should already be fixed in GJ 2.7 and has been tested as working. If on 2.6 or were during the move then move the group back to its previous category, upgrade to 2.7 if not done so yet, move to the new category; it should move its files with it.

Note the data is not lost. Nor is the relationship lost. It is simply looking for those files in its new categories folder, which they are not in (they're in the previous categories folder).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 1 month ago #220563 by activha
Well we have upgraded to 2.7 before moving and all links to files are lost.

We moved from a category to another, then to a newly created subcategory.

How can I solve it or what should I change in DB to retrieve the files ? we dont want to reupload 70 files

11 years 1 month ago #220565 by activha
Well I found the solution, only corrected the folder in cbgroupjivefile, but you should recheck the move between cat and sub cat, we don't want to test again :-) pffffouu

11 years 1 month ago #220567 by krileon
How did you move the category? My tests were done with editing the category and selecting a new category from dropdown. This should work fine and did so during my tests. Did you move to a child category of its previous category? Please describe what category structure was used during the move so can duplicate and fix.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 1 month ago #220569 by activha
From the backend we moved 20 groups from a main category to a child category of a second main one newly created.

With Groupjive 2.7 rc2

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.255 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn