GJ group types and how to use :)

11 years 1 week ago #224724 by chessman
GJ group types and how to use :) was created by chessman
Hello, I posted first in community forum but no answer since now :)

theres are three group types as follows : Public, Approbation, Invite

the first and second one are public groups, the third one is used to be completely hidden.

In my case, I would like to use only Public and Approbation types so each group owner can define what is visible or not. Is there a configuration thing to do so that I can let users create only Public and Approbation group but NOT invite groups ?

Thanks for your help

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 1 week ago #224742 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic GJ group types and how to use :)
Public = Any user can join and any user can see it
Approval = Any user can join and any user can see it, but their join request must be approved
Invite = Users can only join if they're invited and they can only see it if they're invited

In addition to the above types there is also Access. If the user doesn't meet the access they won't be able to see or join the group at all.

If you only want Public group types then within GJ > Config > Groups > Defaults and set "Type" to "Open" then next to it set it to "Hide" so all groups created will always be public. Note as a CB moderator you won't see any change; test with a default registered user to see what they'd see.

If you want to limit what types of groups a user can create then this is done on a Category by Category basis. Simply edit your category and select Open and Approval from the "Types" parameter as needed. You can also set a default for this within GJ > Config > Categories > Defaults.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 1 week ago #224775 by chessman
Replied by chessman on topic GJ group types and how to use :)
ok thanks for your answer. This is clear.

Could you please also confirm that is I allow "approval" groups, if the creator of the group defines "not public" for the wall then the wall posts won't show in groupjive except the user is member of the group and also that the activity plugin won't show wall posts ?

Regards.

11 years 1 week ago #224812 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic GJ group types and how to use :)

Could you please also confirm that is I allow "approval" groups, if the creator of the group defines "not public" for the wall then the wall posts won't show in groupjive except the user is member of the group and also that the activity plugin won't show wall posts ?

Correct, if a group is Public or Approval where users can freely view the groups and you set a tab to be not public then that tab and its activity will not be visible to users that have not joined the group. Note even if they can see the Wall tab they can not post on it unless they're members of the group if that's your concern.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn