Link a CB field with a personalised field of phpBB ?

10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #226474 by gorgo
Good morning !

I have a little request...

I have CB registering work perfectly on my joomla website.
I have a field "Race" on the registering.

in other side, I have a phpBB forum and in this forum I have a personalized field "Race"

Can you tell if someone have a solution to link this 2 fields ?

I would like enter my race when I register my user and I would like the race are copied in my personal field on the forum...

For info I use Rokbridge to link the forum and the website.

Thanks a lot !!!

EDIT : Here the post when another member ob answer me...

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/146-general/221022-link-a-cb-field-with-a-personalised-field-of-phpbb#226449

Then, in this post I upload a screenshot...

My problem : I dont know how I dont understand how to put informations of my phpbb DB

Thanks a lot for your help !

Here info from the DB of phpBB, it's the table "pf_race"

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 11 months ago #226512 by krileon
I suggest posting to the CB Connector forums below for PHPBB usage with CB.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/34-cb-connector-phpbb-connector-plugin

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 11 months ago #226541 by gorgo
Damn... ok but it's the 4th time someone ask me to post in other forum...

I begin in the General forum, after on plugin forum, after I create a ticket and in this ticket he ask me to post in pro forum...

10 years 11 months ago #226556 by nant

gorgo wrote: Damn... ok but it's the 4th time someone ask me to post in other forum...

I begin in the General forum, after on plugin forum, after I create a ticket and in this ticket he ask me to post in pro forum...

No worries - this is the right forum.

Kyle thought that the phpconnector developer (an old plugin that syncs CB to phpBB) might be able to help you.

However I believe that the phpconnector project is not being updated anymore.

Here is a nice example that illustrates a CB Auto Action to perform a query on your database.

Is your phpDB different from your joomla site database?

10 years 11 months ago #226557 by nant
You should be able to create a new CB Auto Action of type query (internal or external - depending if your phpBB database is that same as Joomla or not) and trigger off onAfterUserUpdate event and conditionally use the not equal comparison operator to compare:

[var1_cb_race] to [var3_cb_race] (this will conditionally fire the action only if the cb_race field was actually updated.

The actual query should look something like:

UPDATE `phpBBtablename` SET `pf_race= '[cb_race]' WHERE `user_id` = '[user_id]'

where phpBBtablename needs to be substituted with your table name.

Haven't tested ofc, but I think above will help you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ricco1

10 years 11 months ago #226562 by gorgo
Hi,

Thanks for you answer...

I try but dont work :p
I try to change in admin joomla my "Race", I check on forum but nothing change...

Here a screenshot to check it :

Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn