[#5504] Where/how to modify email template sent from user to user (front-end)

8 years 7 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #270167 by azjr
Hi - In front-end, if I send an email to a user, the following format is being sent (note, the "(...)" are the variable fields - this is not an error, I'm just omitting the actual values)
~~~
To: (user)
Subject: (subject)
------- This is a message from (name) @ (website)(https://www.xxxxx) to you: -------

testing

------ NOTES: ------
This user did not see your email address. If you reply the recipient will have your email address.
(website) owners cannot accept any responsibility for the contents of the email and of user email addresses.
~~~

I would like to override it (notes,etc.) - where and how? can I html it? haven't yet checked if this is a launguage field - and I hope it is safe to override - please advise
thanks!

~~~~
Update:

Obviously this is in language file and with the language overrides I can modify to my liking. (on personal note, I think th is little clumsy, but hey, I can live with it B) )

The another question has popped up when testing this type of email (peer to peer "Send message via email to (user)):

As a logged user in front-end, I'm sending email to another user: in mesage screen view, I see the note:
"Important: 1. Your email address on your profile is (my email address)..." etc. -
Now, in back-end Configuration > General > Emails Sent From: there are two options - User email address and admin email address with reply to: => I have this set to "User email address" as per default settings I believe.
HOWEVER, the email that the user receives from me has the website email address (which is specified in the Joomla Configuration) - am I missing something here?
If my intention is to send email with my email address so the user can reply directly to me - what should I do?

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 7 months ago #270214 by krileon
Looks like default values are wrong. Make the below change and see if your issue persists.

IN: libraries/CBLib/CB/Legacy/cbNotification.php
ON: Lines 253 - 254
		$fromEmail							=	null;
		$fromName							=	null;
TO:
		$fromEmail							=	false;
		$fromName							=	false;

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: azjr

8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #270249 by azjr
Yes - that did it - thanks!
I'm sure you have updated the files for the next release, so I don't have to worry about - just checking.
AZ

8 years 7 months ago #270269 by krileon
Yup, will make a bug ticket and fix for next build.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5504

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 7 months ago #270303 by nant

krileon wrote: Yup, will make a bug ticket and fix for next build.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5504

New CB nightly build has this fix in it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn