[SOLVED] Kunena and Group Jive Integration Still Not Working

7 years 6 months ago #286374 by krileon
The GJ category forums are entirely ACL based. It doesn't care if the user is or is not a member of a group in that category. If they meet the ACL then they can post there. GJ only limits access to the group forum categories, which the user shouldn't even see unless they're a member of that group. Since Alabama is a GJ category and not a group then it's only subject to ACL checks. This is all working as designed.

To prevent posting in the GJ category forums you maybe able to set "User Groups Allowed To Post" under the "Category Permissions" tab while editing the forum category in Kunena to something like "Super Users". Aside from that there's no way to block the GJ category forum access except through ACL.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 6 months ago #286376 by moozarkgrl
What if I setup user groups for each state beneath "Registered" in the ACL? And then refer to that group's access in Kuneau?

7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #286379 by moozarkgrl
I think I finally got it to work correctly !!

In Kunena, I changed the permissions of the categories Alabama through Florida to:
Access Level : Special
User groups ..... to post: Administrator
User groups ..... to reply: Administrator

The user joined a GJ group under Alabama and Arizona. Now when he accesses the Forum index, he gets this:

What do you think about this as a solution????

If state categories already setup in Kunena, GJ will set it up as well. So have to delete manual ones. I kept the manual Alabama category as well as the Alabama category that GJ automatically setup to test with. One was kept at registered. He was still able to see Alabama, so the lower access prevails.
Note: The forum posts he made earlier in states he shouldn't have access, no longer showed up in his profile either, just wiped away.
Attachments:

7 years 6 months ago #286408 by krileon

What if I setup user groups for each state beneath "Registered" in the ACL? And then refer to that group's access in Kuneau?

Yup, you could make a usergroup and view access level per state then when they join a GJ group you could condition off that groups category id and give them the usergroup for that state. Better solution would be to have a field and assign a usergroup based off the field though. This would let you have ACL controls per state for any usage you want on your site.

What do you think about this as a solution????

That should work fine, but just be sure they can still post in the groups forums. I'm not sure how kunena handles the posting permissions of child categories if the parent is restricted.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 6 months ago #286530 by moozarkgrl
I was able to accomplish restricting group members to their perspective forums by using these settings:

Changed the permissions of the top categories (states):
Access Level : Special
User groups ..... to post: Administrator
User groups ..... to reply: Administrator

The integration was made when GJ created the Kuneau groups under each state.

Example:
User belongs to 3 groups in 3 different states. When user clicks on Forum Index, only the forums for these 3 groups show up. User posts in all 3 forums. In the user's profile, all 3 posts show up under their Forum tab.

User leaves one of these groups. In the user's profile, the posts made in the group user left are no longer shown under their Forum tab.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn