[SOLVED] 0 - Error decoding JSON data: Syntax error

6 years 8 months ago #295751 by sclarke
Hi,

I wouldn't call this problem solved. I have to keep resetting the params field about every 2 weeks on one of my sites so that user accounts don't get a params field so large that you can't open up their CB or Joomla user account. I get a fatal error due to the user record being so large it can't be accessed in MySQL.

This seems to be happening to user's that update their CB Profile quite often. It seems that updating your CB Profile is somehow effecting the params field of the Joomla user record params field, making it grow large. The data in the params field still seems to be valid JSON format, just huge.

Sure would be nice if someone could find out what is causing this issue.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 8 months ago #295774 by krileon
Enable params and allow them to display in profile edit. This will allow them to be processed. Joomla is not making sure the params are already JSON before JSON encoding them, which is why you're having this issue resulting in double encoded params. Without the params field CB won't touch the Joomla user params. We've a ticket below to look into this further.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6659

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 8 months ago #295786 by sclarke
Thanks, Kyle. Sounds promising. We will follow up.
Steve

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn