GroupJive and AddThis

4 years 4 months ago #315754 by LineMine
Replied by LineMine on topic GroupJive and AddThis

krileon wrote: If you just want it at the bottom of the page it'd be easier to just have it as a module. You really don't need AddThis or any other special plugin to share URLs on social sites. You can even share URLs on social sites without any JS libraries. We've done this using the below.

File Attachment:

File Name: lightweigh...hare.txt
File Size:2 KB

You'd add those links to a Custom HTML module or CB Content Module then place it on any page you want to allow sharing. No heavy JS libraries, etc.. Replace the "Share on ..." text with an image if you want them to be image links.

If you still want to insert directly on a groups page though you can use a Code action in CB Auto Actions on the gj_onAfterDisplayGroup trigger. You'd set Method to HTML and echo the results, which should show on the bottom of every group.

Hi Kyle

You very kindly provided these a few years ago, and I have been using them since. The Google+ one isn't so useful these days and I would like to add one for Instagram. I'm wondering how you arrived at them? Is there a reference somewhere for this kind of thing, as I can see the code is subtly different for each social network?
Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 4 months ago #315767 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic GroupJive and AddThis
We don't have a Instagram share icon so we've no code to provide for that. Recommend reviewing the existing share usages and if Instagram provides a similar URL share functionality you should be able to have that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn