CB connect plugin First Time

6 years 7 months ago #296466 by apapaioannou
CB connect plugin First Time was created by apapaioannou
I have installed the CB Connect plugin.
My First priority is the facebook login.

I followed your instructions step by step,

I have create a facebook application etc.
The cb login shows now the facebook button.

I tried to login in my site with a facebook account and
i don't take any error messages.
But it seems i am still logout.
I check the users via CB and there is no any new user.

I have two questions.
A) When i try to login with a facebook account the systen in joomla or CB
create a new user as the normal registration process or not?
B) The CB Connect plugin remembers a facebook user or the facebook
keeps the registration?
I ask that because i tried to login for second and third time and so in , but it happens the same think.
It seems work but i am still logout
The Url below is if you want to try login with FB account.

www.cardrive.gr/eisodos-cb

Thanks a lot

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 7 months ago #296468 by apapaioannou
Replied by apapaioannou on topic CB connect plugin First Time
I made a mistake.
The URL Below is for registration.

www.cardrive.gr/eggrafi-cb

The URL Below is for Login.

www.cardrive.gr/eisodos-cb

6 years 7 months ago #296474 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB connect plugin First Time
When you click the "Sign in with Facebook" button it sends an API call to Facebook to an authorization token. It then redirects to Facebook to validate your Facebook account. It redirects back with an access token. At that point it checks if the Facebook ID is attached to a user or not. If not it will create a new account. If it's attached to an account already it just logs in.

A common problem people run into is their admin account and Facebook account have the same email address. This is going to cause a validation error to be thrown, because the email address is already registered. In that case you need to Link the account by logging in normally then use the sign in button.

See the below for instructions on configuring your Facebook application to work with CB Connect.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/6-news-and-publicity/229505-configuring-cb-connect-7x#263227

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 7 months ago #296477 by apapaioannou
Thank you very much for your direct answer.

I followed very carefully your instructons but i have the same problem.
I want to give more details.

In regsitration process i use more plugins.

CB AutoActions
CB Conditional
CB Antispam

In CB AutoActions i have create two User Categories. Single Users and Dealers.
The category depends from usercategory fileld is selected by user.
I don;t know if it is critical for FB Registration and Login.

Also my site uses SSL (https) no (http) protocol.
I don;t Know if it is critical too.

Finally in CB Connect plugin - Facebook - (TAB) Registration
there is the Field (From to) synchronization. I did not make any
selection there, Idon;t know if is mandatory to do ome selections.
I think it is optional.

Best regards

6 years 7 months ago #296491 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB connect plugin First Time
CB AntiSpam and CB Conditional are irrelevant to a user registered through CB Connect. CB Auto Actions can still work as CB Connect fires the registration triggers. If you need them to fill out fields you can use the pre-filled mode, which tries to populate registration as much as possible with their provider data.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 5 months ago #297915 by apapaioannou
Dear krileon
Because i can't find solution till now i have create a document with details
Please give me your precious ideas to find the solution.

Best regards
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn