Activity plugin and Posting

6 years 5 months ago #298146 by AlanJones
Activity plugin and Posting was created by AlanJones
  1. I could not find the documentation to what some of the functionality of this plugin does. So if I am right the activity feed is customised based on the users access level. MY questions is about the global announcement tool. What exactly does it do? Also what is the difference between a the two dropdowns "private message" and "public message"
  2. I know that the activity plugin is not the same as a groupjive wall feed. I recently upgraded client on to the latest versions of groupjive and all its plugins. Is there any way to customize the automatic emails sent by the system when someone comments? Also I notice that the message is no longer included in the email. Does the group message tool have to be used in order to email the group users information?

Own Your Own Community!
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 5 months ago #298166 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Activity plugin and Posting

MY questions is about the global announcement tool. What exactly does it do? Also what is the difference between a the two dropdowns "private message" and "public message"

Global activity is activity that will display on all streams that output global activity. By default this is every profile stream. It is only accessible to CB Moderators. In short it's a way for moderators to send a site wide notification to all profile streams.

The dropdown is CB Privacy and it's just adding privacy controls to individual activity posts. It determines who can see that activity post.

Is there any way to customize the automatic emails sent by the system when someone comments?

When someone comments on a Wall post using GJ Wall or when commenting on a CB Activity stream?

Also I notice that the message is no longer included in the email.

If you're referring to the notification that GJ sends then you can add the wall post to the email by using language overrides as shown below with the [wall_post] substitution in your override. It's not typically recommended to include details that may be edited as the email of course won't have the edit.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18701-language-overrides-have-arrived

Does the group message tool have to be used in order to email the group users information?

If you specifically want to message every user of that group a message, yes.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AlanJones

6 years 5 months ago #298203 by AlanJones
Replied by AlanJones on topic Activity plugin and Posting
Thank you for your Reply!

So I would need to create an override that adds [wall_post] to the emails that are sent out from a groupjive post notification?

Own Your Own Community!

6 years 5 months ago #298228 by krileon

So I would need to create an override that adds [wall_post] to the emails that are sent out from a groupjive post notification?

Yes, you can do that using the language override feature below.

I don't really typically recommend including the actual post in emails. The post could be edited and the email won't reflect that. It also basically gets rid of the point of revisiting the site if the email already contains the message unless you intend to reply. Notifications typically should be a means of getting users to come back to your site.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 5 months ago #298277 by AlanJones
Replied by AlanJones on topic Activity plugin and Posting
I am having trouble finding documentation for using the language override.

One thing we want to do is change the default notification that groupjive sends out when someone posts to the wall.

How can I change the default text that is sent out by email notification?

Own Your Own Community!

6 years 5 months ago #298290 by krileon
See the below regarding language override usage.

See the below on how to use the language finder to find language strings to override.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18712-language-key-and-text-finder

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: AlanJones

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn