Activity plugin and Posting

6 years 4 months ago #299900 by AlanJones
Replied by AlanJones on topic Activity plugin and Posting
Is their a way to update the automatic subject line that gets created by wall post notifications?

Right now is says "Community at Discovery - New group post"

I would like the emails subject o include the group that's being posted in.

Ex. "Community at Discovery - Prayer group post"

Own Your Own Community!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 4 months ago #299922 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Activity plugin and Posting
It's a language string so yes you can modify it to whatever you like using language overrides functionality explained in my previous reply. You can use the language finder explained below to find language strings.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18712-language-key-and-text-finder

You can use [group_name] in your language override to substitute in the groups name.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 4 months ago #300157 by AlanJones
Replied by AlanJones on topic Activity plugin and Posting
I have tried using the search tool for a long time, but I cannot figure out where the subject is coming from..

Own Your Own Community!

6 years 4 months ago #300177 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Activity plugin and Posting
It searches the key and the string. So for example just searching for "new group post" finds the below.

Key: NEW_GROUP_POST_098c50
Text: New group post

Your sites name is prefixed by CBs notification functionality it self and not by CB. If you want that removed you have to translate the below string.

Key: EMAIL_NOTE_SITENAME_SUBJECT
TO: [subject]

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn