Super User Login

6 years 4 months ago #300139 by Spiralmind
Super User Login was created by Spiralmind
Hello, not sure if this is related to CB but I (super user) cannot login to the frontend with the CB login module or the standard Joomla login.

Thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 4 months ago #300144 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Super User Login
What's it doing when attempting to login? I don't think it's possible to disable login permission for super users in Joomla.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 4 months ago #300145 by Spiralmind
Replied by Spiralmind on topic Super User Login
It's strange, any user above registered seems to be failing. The only way to block super user is with Admin Tools from what I know and I have this set to allow.

This is what it says, but the message is shown after the page goes from the Joomla menu item I set to /component/comprofiler/login

Incorrect email or password. Please try again.

6 years 4 months ago #300149 by krileon
You have your login set to Email Address. Are you supplying your username instead of email address? Login method is configured within CB > Configuration > General.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #300151 by Spiralmind
Replied by Spiralmind on topic Super User Login
Doesn't seem to matter. I have a Manager user who I am trying to login using email and password and it's saying this same message.

I can login to the admin side no problem.

All the normal registered CB members can login, or at least my 2 test users.

6 years 4 months ago #300152 by krileon
Only reason for CB to output that error is the information you entered is incorrect or the username doesn't exist. Within CB > Configuration > General set "Login Method" back to default "Username". Next try to login on frontend with your username and password as you would backend. Beyond that I've no idea what configuration you may have changed to alter this.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds