Super User Login

6 years 4 months ago #300153 by Spiralmind
Replied by Spiralmind on topic Super User Login
Hello, I was able to fix this by resetting the password to my current password.

Do you think the CB user sync tool could cause an issue? I just asked my other admin to try and login and it failed too. So he reset his password to the same one he already was using too and it started working again.

He has been logging in to the admin side working on the site but had not tried to login to the frontend before.

The only thing I did was run that sync users in the CB Tools about a week ago. Guess I won't do that again.

Thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 4 months ago #300154 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Super User Login
User Synchronization has nothing to do with username, name (single input), email address, or password as those are entirely core Joomla. User Synchronization just ensures there's an _comprofiler table row for each _users table row so the two tables are in sync. Even if out of sync they should still be able to login (may say they're unconfirmed or unapproved though). I've no idea why your passwords were rejected, but it wouldn't have anything to do with CB as the validation is done by Joomla.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds