[SOLVED] 'Ajax' plugin doesn't work in lists any longer.

6 years 2 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #300654 by fribse2011
I've had the ajax plugin activated in lists for a long time, but it doesn't work any longer.
I've had it so that instead of going in to each members account and adjust the membership, I've added the relevant fields to the list, so that they can easily be mass manipulated.
I've made a small video to demonstrate what happens, it show the 'rotate' but then nothing.
If I go to the profile, the ajax plugin works without an issue.

Joomla 3.8.3
Plugin management doesn't show any plugins being outdated.

Best regards
Fribse

Frømandsklubben Nikon, www.nikondyk.dk
We're a volunteer driven diving club in Ishøj, Denmark.
Har du brug for en dykkerklub der rummer alle, så kom ned til os.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #300659 by krileon
Press F12 to open your browsers developer console then select the console tab. Now attempt to ajax edit from a userlist. See if any fatal errors are present in the console once the loader icon goes away (they'll be in red). If nothing check under the Network tab and review the HTTP request as you should be able to see what the response was. It sounds like something is blocking the HTTP request for some reason (a condition maybe or privacy control?). CB Core Fields Ajax has been stable for awhile with nothing changed recently so only reason for it to suddenly stop working is due a conflict from something else or a non-reported bug possibly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #308507 by sysopcrew
Replied by sysopcrew on topic 'Ajax' plugin doesn't work in lists any longer.
Ajax just quit working for me this week; I hadn't done any CB updates for months because we're in an active event season up until November 17, however I couldn't get non-SU users to view a particular CB Gallery, so I caved in an updated everything. It was a lot of updates. Now, Ajax is having an issue in lists and I can't figure out what's going on. I suspect it is a Privacy or Conditional issue but I'm not sure how to track it down any further. F12 shows this when I click the pencil icon on any Ajax in a user list to edit, even when I'm logged in as SU:
jquery.cbtooltip.min.js?v=00dffaa8c3ea0708:1 Uncaught TypeError: e.lastIndexOf is not a function
    at m (jquery.cbtooltip.min.js?v=00dffaa8c3ea0708:1)
    at HTMLDivElement.<anonymous> (jquery.cbtooltip.min.js?v=00dffaa8c3ea0708:1)
    at Function.each (jquery-2.2.4.min.js?v=00dffaa8c3ea0708:1)
    at e.fn.init.each (jquery-2.2.4.min.js?v=00dffaa8c3ea0708:1)
    at e.fn.init.init (jquery.cbtooltip.min.js?v=00dffaa8c3ea0708:1)
    at e.fn.init.g.fn.cbtooltip (jquery.cbtooltip.min.js?v=00dffaa8c3ea0708:1)
    at Object.success (jquery.cbcorefieldsajax.min.js?v=e96a7fe2c84b0357:1)
    at u (jquery-2.2.4.min.js?v=00dffaa8c3ea0708:1)
    at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (jquery-2.2.4.min.js?v=00dffaa8c3ea0708:1)
    at k (jquery-2.2.4.min.js?v=00dffaa8c3ea0708:3)

This was working before I did any updates, but I hadn't done any updates since April. There's extensive use of Privacy and Conditions, but they were working before the upgrades. Were there any significant changes? Any tips on how to troubleshoot?

The initial problem I had was that going to CB Gallery from a menu item as CB Plugin > Gallery resulted in a Not Authorized error. The Gallery now works, but Ajax quit. There are several Auto Actions two, and a few have been troublesome now, too... and they may be related to the Ajax. Perhaps there's a deep underlying issue I can't see.
jQuery().jquery
"3.3.1"
cbjQuery().jquery
"2.2.4"

--
David Riviera

5 years 4 months ago #308516 by krileon
Known issue when using Tooltip mode in CB Core Fields Ajax.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7304

Rebinding problem in our cbtooltip jQuery it self.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 4 months ago #308525 by sysopcrew
Replied by sysopcrew on topic 'Ajax' plugin doesn't work in lists any longer.
Could this also be causing trouble with an Ajax field that triggers an Auto Action? It doesn't seem to trigger the Auto Action. It seems the Auto Action prevents the Ajax field from saving. Were there changes in Auto Actions since April? In Profile view, these particular admin-only fields won't even save if a particular Auto Action is published now. All worked fine until the upgrade.

--
David Riviera

5 years 4 months ago #308543 by krileon

Could this also be causing trouble with an Ajax field that triggers an Auto Action? It doesn't seem to trigger the Auto Action. It seems the Auto Action prevents the Ajax field from saving.

Depends entirely on what you're doing in your auto action. CB Core Fields Ajax will trigger normal after user update trigger and is typically what you'll want to be acting on to act on field changes.

In Profile view, these particular admin-only fields won't even save if a particular Auto Action is published now.

What is the auto action doing?

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn