[SOLVED] Profile update doesn't save

6 years 2 months ago #301869 by fribse2011
Replied by fribse2011 on topic Profile update doesn't save
Ok, so it's CB Privacy causing this problem. Darned, that's a rather important one for me.

Best regards
Fribse

Frømandsklubben Nikon, www.nikondyk.dk
We're a volunteer driven diving club in Ishøj, Denmark.
Har du brug for en dykkerklub der rummer alle, så kom ned til os.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 2 months ago #301885 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Profile update doesn't save
I don't see how CB Privacy could be doing that unless you blocked edit access to some tabs or fields. Please ensure CB Privacy is completely up to date. I'm not able to confirm any issues with CB Privacy.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #301895 by fribse2011
I have a lot of configs set up in CB Privacy.
I'm not sure how to document them most effectively, and yes some of them are 'no edit display' for tabs.

Ok, I've gone through the tab privacy settings, and they are all set to 'normal cb' now.
I then tried reactivating it, and now I got this message when updating the profile:

SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1118 The size of BLOB/TEXT data inserted in one transaction is greater than 10% of redo log size. Increase the redo log size using innodb_log_file_size.

If I deactivate it again, I can save the profile settings.

Best regards
Fribse

6 years 2 months ago #301900 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Profile update doesn't save
Is it only a specific tab doing that? You shouldn't even see the tab in profile edit unless you're a moderator when tab edit is disabled.

SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1118 The size of BLOB/TEXT data inserted in one transaction is greater than 10% of redo log size. Increase the redo log size using innodb_log_file_size.

Sounds like you've a textarea field with a massive amount of text in it. innodb_log_file_size is set too small for the amount of data you're trying to store. Needs to be roughly 10x that of the largest column size in your database. Within my.ini/my.cnf (MYSQL config file) try adjusting innodb_log_file_size to something like 48M if it's too low.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 2 months ago #301987 by fribse2011
I don't have a text area, except small things, nothing that should give this error.
I'll try and go through each fields privacy settings, and remove them one by one to see which one is doing this.

Best regards
Fribse

The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #302011 by fribse2011
Going through 68 fields' pricacy settings takes quite a while.
I just noticed that when I get the sql error the tabs shown differs from normal:
These are the headers before the sql error:

These are the headers after the sql error:

And it seems like the backend somehow is also affected.
When I test in the front end, and I then open a field in the backend it doesn't open up on the privacy integration as normal, but on the first tab for the field instead.
Btw. I don't see the error if I try as a CB Moderator.

I noticed in quite a few of the 'Display -> Default' does not have anything marked, not 'Same as Global', or anything else, I don't know if that matters.

I've gone through all the fields now, I have 19 privacy settings for fields as I can see it, but setting them all to normal didn't solve it.

When I look in the privacy plugin I can see that it has 3460 entries in privacy, and in blocked it has 4.

Should I try and uninstall it, and reinstall the plugin? Will that loose all the privacy settings, so I can recreate them?

Best regards
Fribse

Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.239 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn