[SOLVED] Profile update doesn't save

6 years 2 months ago #302259 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Profile update doesn't save
It's not saving due to your condition on the Dykkerinfo tab. You're checking that cb_aktiv is not equal to 1. If it is then you show the tab. cb_aktiv has been conditioned to only be accessible to moderators and also has a condition. It becomes inaccessible during POST and it doesn't exist in POST so it resets. Looks like a possible bug in CB Conditional regarding this behavior.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7048

I think I've a possible solution to fix this. Your test install is setup with the issue so will simply install test builds to see if I can fix it with the solution I've in mind.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 2 months ago #302261 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Profile update doesn't save
Ok, latest CB Conditional has this fixed. It will now check for edit access to a field before attempting to grab its value from POST to avoid moderator edit fields being conditioned against causing value reset for regular users.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant, fribse2011

6 years 2 months ago #302308 by fribse2011
Replied by fribse2011 on topic Profile update doesn't save
Hi Krileon

Great work, very very good find!
I've activated all the privacy settings here again, and it works.

Thankyou

Best regards
Fribse

Frømandsklubben Nikon, www.nikondyk.dk
We're a volunteer driven diving club in Ishøj, Denmark.
Har du brug for en dykkerklub der rummer alle, så kom ned til os.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant, krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn