Recaptcha not working

6 years 2 months ago #301967 by RobertvanderHulst
Recaptcha not working was created by RobertvanderHulst
I am managing several sites. I have enabled recaptcha for the registration page. On one site it is working and on the other it is not.
The recaptcha site reports for the site where it does not work ""We detected that your site is not verifying reCAPTCHA solutions. "
I have check the settings and they are equal for both sites, with the exception of the keys (client and server side keys).
I have also added a Captcha field to the Registration page on both sites as well as the IP Address field.
I made sure that these match the correct values on the recaptcha site.
On one site I can see that the recaptcha css is included and the field is inserted. On the other site I see no trace of the recaptcha on the registration page.
What am I overlooking ?
How can I check what is wrong ?

Robert

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #301968 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Recaptcha not working
Are you using CB AntiSpam or some other plugin for reCaptcha? Are you using Captcha v2 or Invisible? For CB AntiSpam just ensure the keys are set correctly and that the antispam_captcha field is set to display on registration and is published. Do not set the ip address field to display on registration. If your site has caching enabled disable it and purge the cache then retry. The error being thrown by reCaptcha means it wasn't able to verify the captcha. You may also want to try a different browser.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 2 months ago #301973 by RobertvanderHulst
Replied by RobertvanderHulst on topic Recaptcha not working
Kyle,

I am using cb antispam. And I am using Captcha v2. I did check the keys and the antispam_captcga field is visible and published. I did also disable the cache and purged it. Nothing seems to help.
The only difference that I can see is that both sites run on a different hosting provider, use a slightly different template and have a different module layout. Also one of the sites uses one language. The other uses 2 languages.
But both sites use the cblogin module for login and the settings for these modules are identical.

Robert

6 years 2 months ago #301975 by krileon
Switch to default Joomla protostar template and see if issue persists. This will help rule out Joomla template conflicting. If issue persists ensure Joomla reCaptcha is disabled in Extensions > Plugins or that you've set CB AntiSpam captcha mode to Joomla otherwise the 2 reCaptcha usages will conflict.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 2 months ago #302283 by RobertvanderHulst
Replied by RobertvanderHulst on topic Recaptcha not working
Kyle,

I have switched the site to protostar but that did not make a difference.
Somehow recaptcha does not seem to work for the registration on this website. Can't figure out why.
I have the site layout:
- I have added a menu option "Login" to one of the menus that links to a login form
- in stead of a login module I now have a custom html module with a [Login] button on it that links to the menu option
- That menu form correctly shows the recaptcha for the registration and password options.

Robert

6 years 2 months ago #302293 by krileon
So reCaptcha is working on registration, but not your login form? You also mentioned a custom layout? Your custom layout likely isn't firing the login module triggers that CB AntiSpam uses to add the captcha to the login form. Review the default layout files on how to properly do this. If issue persists please clarify what your issue is exactly and PM backend super administrator login credentials as your posts have conflicting information and is unclear what your issue is exactly.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.552 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn