[SOLVED] Clear Date field issue

6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 1 month ago #301986 by sirweb
[SOLVED] Clear Date field issue was created by sirweb
Using latest nightly build.

I have an issue when clearing a date field,
date 1970-01-01 is saved.
I need a cleared date to save as 0000-00-00.

Where can i change this behaviour?

Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 2 months ago #301996 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Clear Date field issue
Is the date field marked required? If so you can't clear it. If not then just select the empty value for any of the dropdowns to reset it to empty. If not working for you provide exactly what calendar mode you're using. We only test the dropdown mode anymore. The old input mode is deprecated and will be removed at some point as it's very not user friendly. If you've caching of any kind please also be sure to purge it (this includes any JS compression extensions) after every update.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #302017 by sirweb
Replied by sirweb on topic Clear Date field issue
No cache is enabled.
I have many date fields.
None of them are mandatory.
I have used Popup with input.
Doesn´t matter if I clear the date with delete button or click the x.
Date is changed on save.

Edit:
I changed to Dropdown with popup.
Now the date is cleared.
But I don´t think, in our case, that droådown is as userfrendly as the input style as we often update batches of users dates, maybe 100 at a time, using just copy and paste. :)

Also, the popup calendar is blank, no dates are visible?

6 years 2 months ago #302018 by krileon
Ok, looks like there's a bug with the hidden input that stores the SQL formatted date. Should be set to empty in this case, but it isn't for some reason. Have added a bug ticket to investigate. Please understand you're using a legacy usage. It will be removed probably in CB 3.0 when fields are refactored. Suggest just doing a database query or using CB Juice to batch modify users and by then we'll also have improved the Batch Tools in CB > User Management to work with custom fields.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7032

Also, the popup calendar is blank, no dates are visible?

Not seeing any issues with the popup calendar in either mode.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 2 months ago #302019 by krileon
Fixed in latest nightly. Once updated you shouldn't have any issues clearing the input usage.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

6 years 1 month ago #302235 by sirweb
Replied by sirweb on topic Clear Date field issue

krileon wrote: Fixed in latest nightly. Once updated you shouldn't have any issues clearing the input usage.

Yes, I confirm the blank date issue is solved. Thank you! :)

My invisible dates in the popup was template related. Appears only in backend so the problem is in the backend template.
White text on white background. Will just have to find the right CSS class to override..
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.283 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn