CB Reconfirm Email problem (with kunena)

6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #302300 by fwiffo2k
Replied by fwiffo2k on topic CB Reconfirm Email problem (with kunena)
Sir, the problem isn't in using the CB reconfirm or enabling the profile modification only for CB, the problem is, as in every other part of the world, that I can't account for hours of work, to modify graphically what won't be accounted in paid external themes, to at least fit graphically in a site, only to end up in an absolutely unusable mod in the next update (in joomla/kunena or CB, and being short, your profile edit is graphically huge)....If I pay something it's only for an obvious reason: I don't want to loose time in making modifications, because time is valuable.

What it seems to me is that you're just saying, beside the paid price for updating and using (?) something that I cannot use, because graphically huge with the rest of my site, is that if I want to do something, I'm just on my own.

Now, I only want for a component, that of course I can use only with your backend, to work with all the frontend, only by forcing the part of the site, perfectly integrated graphically with the rest, only because I don't want to let the user change their email.

I've already wrote an exception, to let something else work with your components, but again, since you have the full control over joomla routing and calls, why your product will not detect what I'm asking, and again, why I'm forced to use something that will not fit in my site?
Beside of that, I of course use the registration and CB login components, but only because it's adaptable..

Excuse me if I'm a bit argumentative here, but maybe you got the point.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 1 month ago #302333 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Reconfirm Email problem (with kunena)
Don't understand what you mean by profile edit being graphically huge. It's tabbed unless you've adjusted the layout for profile edit to flat so it'd be 1 long page. Would you prefer each tab to be a separate page? Where else would profile edit fields be to be able to modify them? If you mean there's fields there that you don't want you can set those fields to not display on profile edit within CB > Field Management. Only the core fields actually have to be available (name, email, username, password, and params) depending on configuration.

If we don't block access to Joomla user component and a user, like the majority, does not disable Joomla registration and unpublish all Joomla login modules then people can register and login through Joomla entirely bypassing CB. This creates backdoor registrations and logins. You can of course disable this behavior as I've explained in my reply below.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/238592-cb-reconfirm-email-problem-with-kunena?limitstart=0#302233

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn