SSO via CB proprietary Login/Register ?

6 years 2 months ago #302215 by MMDoege
Hello,

in the long run we're looking to providing CB users with SSO to selected (external) cloud apps when they have subscribed to them (by eg. CB Subs).
CB users then would access (login to) cloud apps via Joomla menu item being available when subscription is true.

We were talking to miniOrange about their Joomla SAML compliant idP plugin and services.
In this case a Joomla app acts like an ID provider requiring modifications to Joomla's Login/Registration management (which is a standard offering).
As we've set CB to "overrule" Joomla for user management we're wondering if CB Login/Register has to be modified instead.

Has anyone - any 3rd party - inquired about this up to date?
Any experiences?
Is our assumption correct concerning CB Login/Register or does this no matter?

Thank you in advance.
Regards, Michael.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 2 months ago #302218 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic SSO via CB proprietary Login/Register ?
SSO is usually done via a Joomla authentication plugin. If you've already created one simply set CB to check for them within CB > Configuration > General by adjusting the Login Method parameter to check authentication plugins. If you have not created such a plugin I highly recommend doing so.

Modifying core code is absolutely bad practice and won't be maintainable. We also do not support core modifications. To clarify what we mean by that if you should have an issue that requires our review of your install you must revert all core modifications or we will not provide support.

If you just want to push CB/Joomla information to an external service then you can use CB Auto Actions for that using a Code or Query action depending on if you need PHP or just SQL.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MMDoege

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn