[SOLVED] Usergroup add on item of checkbox after registration

6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 1 month ago #302281 by some1new
Hi,

I got a little bit rusty after a while being abscent from CB.

I've got a checkbox area within registration.

For each value checked at registration I want the user to be added to a separat usergroup.

The key question is how to handle the conditional because it's not a radio button with a special result.
How to filter from the chebox area?

Guess I can handle this with cb_autoaction?
How would I have to do the set up?
Can anyone please give some advice or a reference link where to find out more?

Regards
Oliver

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #302288 by some1new
Ok after reading, watching some of nants great videos and finally some experiencing

I think I found a solution:

for each group as checkbox in the registration/user profile I added three action buttons:

1. afterRegistration with "does contain"
2. onafterUserProfileSaved also an add button for usergroup if does contain
3. onafterUserProfileSaved also an remove button for usergroup if does not contain

Is it right to make this three action buttons for any entry in the checkbox list?
Or is there an easier way?

6 years 2 months ago #302295 by krileon
You should only need 2 auto actions. 1 for adding your usergroups and 1 for removing. Examples of both as follows.

Add Usergroups (backend and frontend supported)
Global
Triggers: onAfterUserRegistration, onAfterNewUser, onAfterUserUpdate, onAfterUpdateUser
Type: Usergroups
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Conditions
1: [cb_checkbox] Equal To 1
Action
Mode: Add Usergroups
Groups: SELECT_USERGROUPS_HERE

Remove Usergroups (backend and frontend supported)
Global
Triggers: onAfterUserUpdate, onAfterUpdateUser
Type: Usergroups
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Conditions
1: [cb_checkbox] Not Equal To 1
Action
Mode: Remove Usergroups
Groups: SELECT_USERGROUPS_HERE

The condition example is checking against a single checkbox field, which stores a value of 1 for Yes and 0 for No. Adjust the conditions as needed depending on your fields type. Both should work in backend and frontend usage.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: some1new

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.260 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn