[SOLVED] CB User Management redirects to cb-profile

5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #304641 by jboyles
I'm using CB 2.1.4 and Kunena 5.0.14 to create forum to an existing Joomla 3.8.7 site. Although CB and Kunena are new to me, all has gone smoothly.

However, CB User Management just stopped working correctly and I cannot figure out why.

Now when I try to use it to add a user or modify a user's groups or other parameters using CB User Management, it incorrectly goes to the user's cb-profile page (where only username, name, and password can be changed). I can still make the necessary user account adjustments (permissions, groups, etc.) using the Joomla Users Manage feature, but I understand that will get the databases out of sync.

I ran the CB and Kunena's tools to run test and sync the database. These did not fix the problem.

Why would CB User Management stop working correctly? Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 11 months ago #304651 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB User Management redirects to cb-profile
Not sure I understand. It's redirecting you to frontend profile edit when trying to edit them in backend? Did you create a redirect action in CB Auto Actions to do this as many of the frontend triggers also function in backend. Try unpublishing CB Auto Actions if installed to be sure.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 10 months ago #304768 by jboyles
Replied by jboyles on topic CB User Management redirects to cb-profile
I think I got confused by the similarity between the CB User Management back-end interface and the front-end Profile Edit interface and thought I was on the front-end instead of the very similar looking back-end. Working too late, I guess... I tried to remove the post, but just added the comment to ignore it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn