Error decoding JSON data: Control character error, possibly incorrectly encoded

5 years 10 months ago #304680 by grakula
Hello! When I edited the user profile from the front end, an error occurred. After that, I can not enter the profile either from the frontend or from the admin panel. There is an error Error decoding JSON data: Control character error, possibly incorrectly encoded and I throw out of the admin panel and need to login again.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 10 months ago #304695 by krileon
Please be sure to search before posting. This issue has been addressed several times. See the below for solutions.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/single-add-on-support/237790-error-decoding-json-data-syntax-error#299165

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 10 months ago #304700 by grakula
I already had this problem and I published the parameters field when editing the profile, but when I registered and displayed on the profile I hid it. In the tab of the field params I chose to hide all the options. And also in the Privacy Police tab - Edit Display - only for the group of administrators.
This is not enough? I do not want users to be able to see and change them.

5 years 10 months ago #304702 by krileon
You made the field inaccessible. You can not do that. It must remain accessible to every user or our workaround for Joomla user store double JSON encoding won't work. Best you can do to hide it visually is to hide the fields using CSS. Another option is to hide all but the parameters that you've use for using the "Hide Parameters" under the Parameters tab while editing the params field. My recommendation is to just display the timezone field.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 10 months ago #304707 by grakula
I did so, removed the restriction for displaying only to administrators and enabled the display when registering, editing and on the profile page, but nowhere the field was displayed. Also, when you try to edit or delete that user, when editing it this happens to produce the same error.

5 years 10 months ago #304713 by krileon
The params field has to be accessible. If you can't see any of its fields it isn't accessible. Ensure the tab it is on is published and public access. Ensure the field is set to display on profile edit (doesn't have to be on registration). Do not hide it with CB Privacy or CB Conditional. You will likely need to manually fix any broken users using the below instructions.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/255-developer-members-support/236528-0-error-decoding-json-data-syntax-error#293524

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn