[SOLVED] Applying CB updates

5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #304709 by derekkoopowitz
[SOLVED] Applying CB updates was created by derekkoopowitz
It seems that since applying the latest CB build I'm not able to apply updates using the "Install from Web" option. When I do this, it does not recognize that I've logged into Joomlapolis in another tab from my browser. The only way I can do this now is to download the latest plugins and then apply them the old fashioned way.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 10 months ago #304712 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Applying CB updates
Login to Joomlapolis within the same browser, navigate to CB > Plugin Management > Install New Plugin > Install from Web, then click the refresh link on the bottom right of the tab. That should refresh the Install from Web with your current login state. This assumes no browser security of some sort blocks the jsonp HTTP ajax call.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 10 months ago #304715 by derekkoopowitz
Replied by derekkoopowitz on topic Applying CB updates

krileon wrote: Login to Joomlapolis within the same browser, navigate to CB > Plugin Management > Install New Plugin > Install from Web, then click the refresh link on the bottom right of the tab. That should refresh the Install from Web with your current login state. This assumes no browser security of some sort blocks the jsonp HTTP ajax call.

I tried this, Kyle... no difference. Same browser - nothing changed on security on my end at all.

5 years 10 months ago #304723 by krileon
Are you seeing Buy buttons for various plugins? If so it's seeing you as logged out and not logged in. Meaning the JSONP request isn't passing your cookie to Joomlapolis and is unable to see you're logged in. I don't really have anything to suggest here. Browser security is the only thing I can think of that'd be blocking this. It works fine in all my tests on Chrome. What browser are you using? Have you tried any other browsers?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #304734 by derekkoopowitz
Replied by derekkoopowitz on topic Applying CB updates

krileon wrote: Are you seeing Buy buttons for various plugins? If so it's seeing you as logged out and not logged in. Meaning the JSONP request isn't passing your cookie to Joomlapolis and is unable to see you're logged in. I don't really have anything to suggest here. Browser security is the only thing I can think of that'd be blocking this. It works fine in all my tests on Chrome. What browser are you using? Have you tried any other browsers?

I've tried this from 3 different browsers - Chrome (primary), Firefox and Safari. Each give the same result - showing the buy icon.

I log into Joomlapolis and then open up a new tab and go to my website and log in, select CB - Plugins - Install and then Install from web and that's when I get the buy buttons. This never happened before. I installed the latest CB build late last week and its been doing that since. I'm going to go back to the prior build to see if it still happens.

Ok, downloaded the prior version of CB and applied it and I still am showing as not logged in... I'm at a loss as to what is causing this as it has been working perfectly ever since it was implemented. I just tried on another PC - same result.

5 years 10 months ago #304737 by krileon
Was anything else changed recently on your site? Sorry, I don't know what to suggest either as the only reason we're able to do this is JSONP requests allow cross domain cookie access specifically to allow for this type of functionality. If the JSONP doesn't function it's just a normal JSON request so you'd always be logged out in the results. Do you have another CB site you can try to see if both are doing this?

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.427 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn