error on login after clicking confirm link in email

5 years 10 months ago #305214 by fredc15
Hi,

I am getting an error message on the initial login after clicking confirmation link in email after registration. The user can login but gets the error message:
"Error You are not authorized to view this page! You need to logout" After I logout and re-login, the error message does not appear.

I have am user user groups and group access to certain menu items. All non-member items are set to "guest" member items have requisite access to different menu items.

I thought there was a problem with the default Initial Login re-direct. I changed it and the error is still coming.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 10 months ago #305236 by krileon
It's likely due to whatever page it's trying to send them to after they login. If you have not specified in login redirects and the user attempts to login on a page only accessible to Guests they will get that error. For first time login redirects you can specify those within CB > Configuration > Registration. If you want to always redirect after login you'd specify that within your CB Login Module under Login Options. So for example to always send them back to the home page after login set the login redirect to index.php. Be sure to always use non-SEF login redirect URLs beginning with index.php; do not use relative or SEF URLs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 10 months ago #305254 by fredc15
Hi,

This is before they login. This is using the confirm link.
beta2.muslimchaplaincyprogram.com/index.php/cb-profile/confirm?confirmcode=reg3a153c3aafe6cf3b3dcd0c293acd192c050045d0

The error comes here after clicking the link

5 years 10 months ago #305269 by krileon
CB throws that error if the confirmation code isn't valid or CB is unable to find the user it's attached to. It's doing this for every confirmation or just that confirmation? Check within _comprofiler and see if that confirmation code is attached to a user in the cbactivation column.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 10 months ago #305286 by fredc15
Hi,

I have found that the user is not being deleted from the db. The user has been deleted and does not show in CB users or Users in Joomla's backend.

Looking at the db, two users are still in _comprofiler table but they are not in the users table. Seems they are not being deleted properly from CB

5 years 10 months ago #305287 by fredc15
Hi,

I have found a few pieces of information.

1. There is only user currently on the site. User id 838
2. In Joomla there only shows 1 user in the users area and CB
3. In the db there are 4 users in _comprofiler. Also user ID 838 does not have any info (name etc)
4. in the db there is only 1 user in _users

I have attached screenshots.
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn