How to make Modules Anywhere work...

5 years 9 months ago #305388 by timstohr
How to make Modules Anywhere work... was created by timstohr
Hi Kyle,
I would need to make the component "Modules Anywhere" work for CB Modules (Notably CB Activity). Here is the questions I have asked off the guy from Regular Labs: www.regularlabs.com/forum/modulesanywhere/45624-problem-with-cb-activity-and-probably-css

The problem is that not the whole module seems to load. The CSS does not and other stuff. Can you help? It is clearly a problem with Community Builder:

"CB does stuff in non-Joomla-standard ways. So that can (and usually will) cause things to go haywire when trying to combine with other extensions.
You might have to force-load CB css files necessary for the CB module manually through your template. "

Thanks
Tim

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 9 months ago #305406 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic How to make Modules Anywhere work...
Why is this necessary? CB Activity comes with a Joomla content prepare plugin in addition to its module. Simply use the content prepare plugin to output a CB Activity stream anywhere that processes Joomla content plugins. Beyond that I don't know what to suggest as we're not the developers of Modules Anywhere so I've no clue how they're outputting modules.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 9 months ago #305412 by timstohr
Replied by timstohr on topic How to make Modules Anywhere work...
The reason is that I have a multi-sites environment, meaning that I have several sites running from the same PHP code but with different databases. I have already modified the module anywhere so that it takes the module from the main master site and displays it on the slave site. That way I can have one module on the master site controlling all the other modules on the slave site, ie I can change the asset filter on the main master and it changes it in all the sites that I need it to.

Another Idea: With the joomla prepare trigger representation, is it possible to change the settings of the loaded stream eg: Asset, Comments etc...?

5 years 9 months ago #305416 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic How to make Modules Anywhere work...
I don't know what to suggest then. None of our products are designed for multi-site and as we're not the developers of Modules Anywhere I've no clue how it works, sorry.

is it possible to change the settings of the loaded stream eg: Asset, Comments etc...?

Yes, see the description of CB Activity Bot as it describes how to add those parameters.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 9 months ago #305420 by timstohr
Uuuuhhh that is really perfect! Together with Article Sharing for multisites that will be amazing. I simply input it in the article and then share the article in the slave sites. This is superb and saves loads of time as I will have to change only one single activity stream instead of 300 + streams.
Really amazing stuff... You should write a blog about this part as I am sure that other people will have the same problem and still try to put in the CB Activity module...

Another question: Does the custom module of Joomla have ContentPrepare?

5 years 9 months ago #305421 by timstohr
OK it theoretically works but having problems actually finding the syntax. There is no example given of a syntax that would create a stream.

This one does not work, but it should: [cbactivity:activity; asset="mainforum.[user_id],mainforum.*,onlyconnected.mainforum.*,events.*,groupjive.group.*.wall.*" /]

Did I mess up the semi-colon?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn