Problem with replacing a menu in templates

5 years 5 months ago #308255 by timstohr
Hi Kyle,
I wanted to replace the three bars above and below the canvas picture in mobile view with a sliding menu that you also see on google search. I have written the code for it and it works but I do not manage to override the current template code. My PHP code does not get expressed.
Any help on what files to override using the template override?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 5 months ago #308257 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Problem with replacing a menu in templates
Those are constructed deeper in CB when tab content is being parsed and arranged. You won't be able to change those from CBs template files. You can however just override them using CSS. Note we've replaced the desktop view of the hamburger menu with a ellipsis for more up to date UX. Mobile is still a hamburger menu as it's the appropriate icon for that usage on mobile.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 5 months ago #308302 by timstohr
Replied by timstohr on topic Problem with replacing a menu in templates
Any idea how to do it? The CSS option does not work. Create a whole new Menu field plugin? Or create a plugin that overrides some stuff from CB?
I do not want to "hack" anything within CB as I am updating it quite often so need it to work as an override.

5 years 5 months ago #308314 by krileon
The below CSS should work fine to replace the hamburger icon with a fontawesome ellipsis icon.

File Attachment:

File Name: cb_menu_icon_css.txt
File Size:0 KB

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:

5 years 5 months ago #308315 by timstohr
Replied by timstohr on topic Problem with replacing a menu in templates
that is not at all what I want to do. I want to replace it with a scrolling menu just like when you search on your phone something in google (you can scroll it vertically). Nobody actually presses on that menu be it a sandwich menu or an ellyptic menu (as it is one more click). I need to somehow include my own PHP code into the it and I was hoping to be able to do it via the template override...

5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #308320 by krileon
Sorry, I don't understand what you're wanting. Do you've a concept screenshot or something to show what you're wanting it to do or display as? If you need to output custom PHP you could probably use a Code field in a new tab in the same tab position as the Menu tab.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.559 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn