CB Connect for Google Permissions

5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #308943 by victoriakim
CB Connect for Google Permissions was created by victoriakim
Hello,

I would like to set up the permissions for User's Birthdays and Locations in CB connect > Parameters >Google. Is the '~auth/userinfo.profile' the right one to get these permissions?

Thanks.

*updates
I tried the setting on google as above, but the user's Birthday and Location were not transferred.
I also tried the facebook setting, CB Connect > Parameters > facebook > Permissions to user_birthday and user_location. When I tried the actual log-in, I get the error message from facebook, screen shot attached.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 3 months ago #308952 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Connect for Google Permissions
Based off the message you're trying to login using Facebook, not Google. For Facebook user_location and user_birthday should work fine.

Edit your application on Facebook (at developers.facebook.com/apps) then under Settings > Advanced provide what "Upgrade All Calls" is set to; your application maybe using older API no longer supported or Facebook changed the permissions in 3.1 or 3.2 API as 3.0 is tested working.

If you're using 3.x or greater API already then your application probably doesn't have permission to request that information as user_location and user_birthday require application review which you'll need to request access for those permissions within your application. If you're still using 2.x API then I recommend using the parameter under Settings > Advanced to update the API of your application.

As for Google it's not really possible to extend the permissions for that information right now. They've replaced their Google+ API with People API, which CB Connect is not yet using. Once implemented you should be able to have better control over what permissions you request. You can try the below permissions, but they might not do anything.

https://www.googleapis.com/auth/plus.me
https://www.googleapis.com/auth/plus.profiles.read
https://www.googleapis.com/auth/userinfo.profile

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #308957 by victoriakim
Replied by victoriakim on topic CB Connect for Google Permissions
The facebook 'Upgrade All Calls' is set to 3.2.

I wonder why my application could be any different from others, I followed the step by step instruction in CB forum and completed the application.

5 years 3 months ago #308965 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Connect for Google Permissions
I don't see anything in their change log regarding those 2 permissions beyond you need to undergo application review process to use them as noted in their changelog below.

developers.facebook.com/docs/facebook-login/changelog#2018-07-02

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn