Testing front-end user access as super-user

5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #309110 by sereniteam
Hello,

I'am looking for some tools that will allow me to log at the user's front-end access as Superuser in order to set their parameters as well as to test their environment without having requiring their password ?

Thanks for giving me clues !

This is also useful to set relations between users and group members ...

SereniTeam

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 4 months ago #309117 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Testing front-end user access as super-user
You want to be able to login to another users account without their password? That's fine I guess for a demo site like what we have or for a test user. It's possible to do this using an auto action in CB Auto Actions using a Login / Logout action and supplying only username, but if this is a live site and users real accounts then absolutely by no circumstances should you be doing this. If it's a live site manage your users from backend within CB > User Management.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 4 months ago #309125 by sereniteam
Replied by sereniteam on topic Testing front-end user access as super-user
Ok far from me this idea... So how could I pre-set the user configuration when having activate their proper account. I mean how could I create relations between two users that already works together !

Some user don't know how to create relation between each other ! Is there a solution to do so when configuring their account ?

SereniTeam

5 years 4 months ago #309127 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Testing front-end user access as super-user
They'll need to navigate to the other users profile and connect with them. I recommend providing a tutorial for your users if they're having a hard time with it. There's no backend management for connections. Do not attempt to login to their account and do it for them and absolutely do not provide a means of logging into a live users account without a password.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sereniteam

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.254 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn