CB Privacy Rule

5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #309240 by shih
CB Privacy Rule was created by shih
In my CB Privacy→Rule, if I disable the Connections, The Activity at front-end stops working. My current config is below:

In fact I intend to remove the "connections" option from the privacy control, only to keep the "connection types". But it seems I can't make it. It stops my Activity Wall at front-end. Can I remove the option of "Connection" just for Activity? (means not allowing the users sharing their post with their general connection. They can only share with "Connection Types".)
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 3 months ago #309244 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Privacy Rule
In another topic you set the default privacy rule to Connections in CB Privacy > Parameters > Display. If you disable it it can no longer validate the privacy rule they've selected. Disabling a privacy rule that is in use will auto fail the privacy check causing it to fallback as if it was set to Private to prevent information suddenly becoming Public.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #309265 by shih
Replied by shih on topic CB Privacy Rule
>>In another topic you set the default privacy rule to Connections in CB Privacy > Parameters > Display.
I just checked CB Privacy→Parameters→Display. I didn't see the default is "connection". I didn't select anything. It is below:

>> If you disable it it can no longer validate the privacy rule they've selected. Disabling a privacy rule that is in use will auto fail the privacy check causing it to fallback as if it was set to Private to prevent information suddenly becoming Public.

OK. I see why. But "Originally" where did I set the default Privacy Rule to "connection"? I thought I set all the Privacy Rule on CB Privacy→Parameter→Rule. You are suggesting there are 1)default privacy rule, 2) Privacy Rule controlled by CB Privacy. When they don't match the system fails.

☆★☆Can I simply remove the option of "connection" for the user? In other words, I want that all users have to put their connection in certain "connection type". Then they can start to share activities. Moreover, can I simply apply this rule without "connection" option on "Activity"? You mentioned the following:

>>You can globally configure what privacy options are available within CB Privacy > Privacy > Rules. If you only want to change it specifically in CB Activity then you have to do so through the System Action that's being used to add the privacy selector. Specifically you'll need to make copies of "CB Activity - Privacy - New" and "CB Activity - Privacy - Edit" then unpublish the system actions and adjust the Rules parameters in your copies.

in www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/239975-solved-configuration-of-activity

but I don't quite understand. Could you have more specific instruction?
Attachments:

5 years 3 months ago #309270 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Privacy Rule

I just checked CB Privacy→Parameters→Display. I didn't see the default is "connection". I didn't select anything. It is below:

You need to make sure you've a default privacy rule selected. It can't function properly without a default.

OK. I see why. But "Originally" where did I set the default Privacy Rule to "connection"? I thought I set all the Privacy Rule on CB Privacy→Parameter→Rule. You are suggesting there are 1)default privacy rule, 2) Privacy Rule controlled by CB Privacy. When they don't match the system fails.

You are adjusting the global values for CB Privacy. This will affect all privacy usages. So Profile Privacy, CB Activity, etc.. You need to be careful what you set there as it's going to cause adverse affects. For example profiles being inaccessible because the user has no privacy rule available to allow someone that isn't connected to them to reach their profile in order to connect to them.

Your options are to override the privacy rules available in Profile Privacy field so at least something like Users or Public is available for profile privacy or to adjust whatever usage you're specifically trying to change. The usage you're trying to change is CB Privacy in CB Activity. The only way to adjust those values is globally or by making a copy of those system actions in CB Auto Actions > System Actions then changing the privacy rules in the copy of those auto actions.

Can I simply remove the option of "connection" for the user? In other words, I want that all users have to put their connection in certain "connection type".

Yes, you do not have to have the Connections privacy rule enabled. It will work perfectly fine with Connection Types only. Simply disable the Connections privacy rule.

but I don't quite understand. Could you have more specific instruction?

Make copies of "CB Activity - Privacy - New" and "CB Activity - Privacy - Edit" in CB Auto Actions > System Actions. Next unpublish "CB Activity - Privacy - New" and "CB Activity - Privacy - Edit" in CB Auto Actions > System Actions. Now go to CB Auto Actions > Auto Actions and edit your copies. You can customize the privacy rules usage specifically and only for CB Activity there.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #309301 by shih
Replied by shih on topic CB Privacy Rule
I simply enabled "public" and disabled "connection" option in the global values for CB privacy. Then it works. Thanks.
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds