Link directly to Groupjive event tab or even a specific event

5 years 2 months ago #310547 by jeroen aalders
Improved UX by asking if I can use an URL to link directly to the Groupjive event tab (the 'events' tab now being the 2nd tab and the first 'about' tab is displayed by default as deliberately configured and desired) or even link to a specific event from external sites?
Some users find it too confusing to end-up on the Groupjive group and then having to figure out where the event tab is hidden and next scroll to the desired event and find how to attend. Especially, when they land there for the first time and haven't joined the group yet and the attend button is therefore not visible. Perhaps, it is possible to have the attend button available also for users who have not yet joined the group and 1. let them join regardless of joining the group or 2. let the users see a message after clicking/hovering on the attend button that they have to join the group first...
Happy to hear form you soon! ;-)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 2 months ago #310571 by krileon
Link directly from where? You can link to specific tabs by adding &tab=TAB_TITLE to the URL (e.g. &tab=Events). The tab id also works, which for the events tab it's grouptabevents (e.g. &tab=grouptabevents).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 2 months ago #310580 by jeroen aalders
I would to use a promotional link to a specific groupjive event (www.all4freedom.com/en/meditate4freedom takes me to the about tab and not to eventstab and a specific event i.e. MEDITATE4FREEDOM 04-03-2019). Perhaps you could tell me how to open up this event with a link directly to it?
Thanks in advance

5 years 2 months ago #310602 by krileon
There's no functionality to link directly to an event. You can only link to the event tab using the instructions provided in my previous reply.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 2 months ago #310620 by jeroen aalders
OK Thanks for your reply. Any chance of any of the above desired features will be added to the wish list of the New CB Events, you guys are working on?

5 years 2 months ago #310632 by krileon
Direct event linking will be a part of CB Events, yes. CB Events development has not started. It likely will not for quite some more time as existing projects have plenty of things to be done and there are several Joomla event management extensions that should work fine.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn