Internal PMS questions

5 years 2 months ago #310578 by sirweb
Internal PMS questions was created by sirweb
We are reviewing the new PMS in order to replace UddeIM.
The PMS system is heavily used on our site.

In UddeIM, there was an obnoxious Little Popup module for PM notifications, that also made some noise on new PMs. This was very appreciated, as PMs tended to be read quickly. Ant chande to see this Little feature in your new PMS?

I cannot find a trashfolder. I cannot see it on the demo site either so I guess it isn´t there? Will it be added in a future CB release?

The message texts are readaable in backend. Is there a way to ser privacy to hide the message text in backend?

Thanks for all your great work!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 2 months ago #310591 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Internal PMS questions

In UddeIM, there was an obnoxious Little Popup module for PM notifications, that also made some noise on new PMs. This was very appreciated, as PMs tended to be read quickly. Ant chande to see this Little feature in your new PMS?

You new PM notification can be displayed in your CB Login Module and CB Workflows Module. This is in addition to the PM icon at the top of their profile. There is no sound associated with new PM and no plans for one. There are plans to allow for the icon at the top of users profile to be displayed outside of profile.

I cannot find a trashfolder. I cannot see it on the demo site either so I guess it isn´t there? Will it be added in a future CB release?

There is no trashcan and no plans for one. Please keep in mind we are not trying to copy UddeIM which is more like email than private messaging.

The message texts are readaable in backend. Is there a way to ser privacy to hide the message text in backend?

Recommend using permissions to limit who can access backend.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sirweb

5 years 2 months ago #310611 by sirweb
Replied by sirweb on topic Internal PMS questions

krileon wrote: You new PM notification can be displayed in your CB Login Module and CB Workflows Module. This is in addition to the PM icon at the top of their profile. There is no sound associated with new PM and no plans for one. There are plans to allow for the icon at the top of users profile to be displayed outside of profile.

Displaying the message Icon outside the profile would be extremely useful!

There is no trashcan and no plans for one. Please keep in mind we are not trying to copy UddeIM which is more like email than private messaging.

Yes, I´m aware of that fact.
The problem with UddeIM is that it is no longer developed and has soon reached end of life, and will need tp be replaced Before Joomla 4.
I think CB internal PMS would ne 1st choice for many users.

Thanks.

5 years 2 months ago #310613 by krileon

The problem with UddeIM is that it is no longer developed and has soon reached end of life, and will need tp be replaced Before Joomla 4.
I think CB internal PMS would ne 1st choice for many users.

I understand that, but we still do not intend to bring every feature UddeIM provided to CB. We've implemented what we feel makes most sense for a simple private messaging implementation. We've a few other features planned like create access parameters (e.g. only be able to message connected usages), but we've no plans of adding additional views like a trashcan.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 1 month ago #311005 by sirweb
Replied by sirweb on topic Internal PMS questions
Yes, I understand, no trashcan. :)

However, making the New message Icon display outside the frofile, like in a module would be very, very useful.

Thanks.

5 years 1 month ago #311023 by krileon

However, making the New message Icon display outside the frofile, like in a module would be very, very useful.

There are absolutely plans to provide such functionality. Most likely by using the pm field, which could then just be easily substituted in anywhere that supports substitutions, since it doesn't really have any use when a user views themselves.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn