[#7461] Gallery allowing music download

5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #310624 by Oxcons
Hi,

I have set up the Gallery to allow upload of music. However I have the download of such set to disabled under the Display Tab. Despite download being disabled music can still be downloaded by clicking the 3 dot at end of track by the volume control.

What can I do to stop music from being able to be downloaded in this way? I want to allow site users to share things but for music to not be able to be downloaded.

Thank you for any assistance.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 1 month ago #310628 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Gallery allowing music download
The download parameter just provides a endpoint to download through CB Gallery. It can't stop normal HTML5 browser behavior. It's no different than doing right click and save as for an image. There's no stopping that. Chrome added a nodownload for the controlList, but that doesn't really stop this since it only applies to Chrome and only for latest releases. At any rate will add the nodownload in a later CB Gallery release.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7461

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant, Oxcons

5 years 1 month ago #310633 by Oxcons
Replied by Oxcons on topic Gallery allowing music download
Thanks for the assistance

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.278 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn