[SOLVED] Comments in gallery

5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #310663 by leif_e
[SOLVED] Comments in gallery was created by leif_e
Hi

I can find a solution for comments and likes in the gallery

The problem is, a user can not give comments to another users picture

a user can only give comment to his own pictures

A user can't give a like to a comment

I have attached the setup for CB Auto Actions: System Actions, I have used exactly the setup from the demo site

Can you help me, with the problem

Regards Leif
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 2 months ago #310677 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Comments in gallery

The problem is, a user can not give comments to another users picture

a user can only give comment to his own pictures

This is because the comment stream is setup to only allow comments from users the owner of the gallery entry is connected to. Make a copy of the system action and change its stream parameters if you want different behavior. Eventually this will no longer be a system action and the parameters will just be found in CB Activity, but for now making a copy is the only way to change those parameters.

A user can't give a like to a comment

Comment likes are not default enabled. You'll need to enable them when making a copy as instructed above.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 2 months ago #310681 by leif_e
Replied by leif_e on topic Comments in gallery
Hi again

Is this the right place?

Can you tell me the setup

What to write in assets

Regards
Leif
Attachments:

5 years 2 months ago #310706 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Comments in gallery
Within CB Auto Actions > System Actions edit "CB Gallery - Comments" and adjust the stream parameters in the "Comments" section however you like under the Action tab. For example if you don't want it to check connection status then set "Create Connected Access" to "Disable". Once done click "Save as Copy". Now you'll need to publish your copy after it has saved if it isn't already published then go back to CB Auto Actions > System Actions and unpublish "CB Gallery - Comments" so that only your custom copy is being used.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 2 months ago #310722 by leif_e
Replied by leif_e on topic Comments in gallery
Hi

Thanks, now it's working

Best regards Leif

5 years 1 month ago #311052 by DG5FU
Replied by DG5FU on topic Comments in gallery
Krileon,
I am having a hard time to enable this comments function in my CB activity module WITHOUT CONNECTED ACCESS. It works partially, but never on galleries with more than 1 picture or Videos. Is there any known limitation Comments can only be placed FROM THE ACTIVITY MODULE if there are more than 1 picture or video in the gallery?
I really spent hours and hours playing with "create connected access", but I feel its not in contect to this. Can you please help me?
Running on Joomla 3.9.3, PHP 7.2.3 and latest update on CB with all Plugins.

Thanks,

Andy

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn