CB Content Bot in Joomla Article not working for some tabs

5 years 4 weeks ago #311395 by kdave321
I am trying to put the 3 social tabs in CB profiles into their own Joomla article.

I have done this with several other tabs but these three are getting ignored.

This worked fine for Last Visitors:

<div class="cb_template">[cb:usertab tab="34" user="#me" /]</div>

But neither this:
[cb:usertab tab="24" user="#me" /]

nor this:

{cb}[cb:usertab tab="24" user="#me" formatting="divs" /]{/cb}

is substituted.

I've noticed tabs 8,10,21,23,25,34 work ( without {cb} tag )
but tabs 18, 24, 26. 27. 28. 29, 38 do not.

What really puzzles me is it displayed once in the beginning and never since.

The CB tabs I would like to have on their own page are 15, 24, and 38 (Connections, Invites, & Groups )

===> verified I am running CB Content Bot 4.1.0

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 3 weeks ago #311402 by krileon
I'm having no issues substituting in the Connections, Invites, or Groups tabs in my tests. Are you using CB Conditional or CB Privacy on those tabs? Are they visible on the users profile? If they're not visible on the users profile they won't be visible when you substitute them in unless they're hidden only by being placed in a not shown on profile tab position.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 3 weeks ago #311415 by kdave321
Yes, you nailed it. When I saw it working the first time on the new page, I unpublished the tabs on the profile. So I need to move the tabs to an invisible position instead... [ I knew that, darn it! ]

Are there any formatting options with [cb:usertab ... that might help? I'm not finding documentation for all those attributes.

5 years 3 weeks ago - 5 years 3 weeks ago #311444 by krileon

Are there any formatting options with [cb:usertab ... that might help? I'm not finding documentation for all those attributes.

Substitution parameters are detailed in the below tutorial.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

For tabs you can use "user", "output", "formatting", and "reason" parameters.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 10 months ago #312491 by kdave321
I see I can have a working webpage if I disable Summary, Paging, Search parameters. Trying to use these from an article just returns to the profile where of course the tabs are not visible.

I know just enough HTML/JS/PHP to be dangerous, but it seems the form action goes to /personal , like this when clicking on search in invites:

.../Joomla/index.php/personal?tab=24

, but if I return to the article, the search parameters -
tab_invites_search=johngalt
tab_invites_limit=5
tab_invites_limitstart=0
- are correctly applied.

So somehow if I could get the form post to return to the same page instead of the profile, it would work.

I see a userProfileUrl called, but have no idea if any CBSUBS would change it. I only need to change the action for tabs 15, 24, 38.

I would really like to retain the functionality of Summary/Paging/Search on this custom page.

Thanks,
Kyle

4 years 10 months ago #312497 by krileon
CB Content Bot and substitutions are not meant as a means of replacing profiles. No plugin will be designed with such behavior in mind. Tab forms will always point to the users profile. In the future this may change, but for now there's no plans to alter that behavior. The exception being CB Activity since it's entirely ajax driven.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn