Multi-language and Community Builder

5 years 1 week ago #311777 by timstohr
Multi-language and Community Builder was created by timstohr
Hi Kyle,
I was wondering if the Multi-language feature works for Community Builder ie if I set the language to another than default, will it switch over to the other language plugin?

And what about the fields? Do they have a second language possibility?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 1 week ago #311782 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Multi-language and Community Builder

I was wondering if the Multi-language feature works for Community Builder ie if I set the language to another than default, will it switch over to the other language plugin?

Yes, CB loaded language is based off the language loaded by Joomla. So if you've a Joomla Spanish language plugin installed and a CB Spanish language plugin installed then switch Joomla to Spanish it will load Spanish for both.

And what about the fields? Do they have a second language possibility?

If your fields use language strings, sure. You can use language strings for field titles, descriptions, and many other parameters. You can then use language overrides to translate them in each CB language plugin you've installed as needed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 6 days ago #311810 by timstohr
Replied by timstohr on topic Multi-language and Community Builder
OK that with the strings sounds amazing. I will try that out now.

Bigger problem though: my languages do not switch at all. All other components are faithfully switching languages APART from Community Builder... Any ideas what that could be?

5 years 6 days ago #311819 by krileon
CB uses whatever language is loaded by Joomla as noted in my reply above. This assumes you don't have a language specified in your account overriding whatever Joomla has loaded.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 5 days ago #311823 by timstohr
Replied by timstohr on topic Multi-language and Community Builder
The thing is that all other components reliably switch the language. So if I have Joomla set to French, eventbooking switches the language, so does easyblog, etc... etc... apart from Community Builder.

Can it be turned off in the settings that community builder switches the languages as well?

5 years 3 days ago #311850 by krileon
CB will switch the language if you have a CB language plugin for the corresponding language. The only time it can override this is if you login and that account has a language set so it will always load that users preferred language.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn