[SOLVED] Profile Page Landing separate from User Main Profile

4 years 10 months ago #312815 by onedotlove
In using the CB Content Bot instead of using the canvas positions, Could I use this add-on just to display the fields of my choice and place them in my own custom html position anywhere on my Joomla article?

<div class="cb_template">
<div class="ad-profile-top">Marketing Ad Component Link</div>
<div style="margin-bottom: 20px;">[cb:usertab tab="17" /]</div>
<div class="profile-layout">
<div class="[cb:userposition position=">
<div class="profile-section profile-section--bordered profile-intro">
<h3 class="profile-intro__heading">User Profile</h3>
<div class="profile-intro__avatar">[cb:userfield field="avatar" /]</div>
<h4 class="profile-intro__greeting">Welcome,<br />{fld firstname}!</h4>
<a href="index.php?option=com_comprofiler&amp;view=userdetails">Update your profile</a><hr />
<ul class="profile-intro__links">
<li><a href="index.php?option=com_comprofiler&amp;view=userprofile&amp;tab=31">Who viewed your profile</a><span class="badge">{fld hits}</span></li>
<li><a href="index.php?option=com_comprofiler&amp;view=manageconnections">Connections</a><span class="badge">{fld connections}</span></li>
<li><a href="#">Build your network</a></li>
</ul>
<hr />
<ul class="profile-intro__links">
<li><a href="#">Access tools and insights</a></li>
</ul>
</div>
<div class="profile-section">{loadmodule mod_jreviews_reviewer_rank}</div>
</div>
<div class="profile-layout__center">
<div class="profile-section">[cb:usertab tab="27" /]</div>
</div>
<div class="profile-layout__side-right">
<div class="profile-section">{loadmodule mod_easybloglatestblogs}</div>
<div class="profile-section profile-section--bordered ad-placeholder">Marketing Ad Space Available</div>
</div>

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 10 months ago #312824 by krileon
You can do whatever you like as long as you follow proper substitution formatting. See the below tutorial on how to properly substitute in tabs and fields. Please read it carefully as there different ways to substitute in fields (e.g. [FIELD_NAME] is always raw stored values).

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

Please keep in mind tabs are not designed with the explicit behavior of being used outside of the profile. If they have any form of pagination or redirect behavior they will typically send the user back to CBs profile and not to your article.

You do not have to use the canvas positions in CB. You are free to move tabs around as you see fit to have profiles with whatever layout you prefer as there are a significant amount of tab positions for various usecases. I recommend reading the CB Primer Book which you can download below for a tab position map.

www.joomlapolis.com/downloads/documents

Additionally you could look into 3rd party extension CB Profile Pro, which as I understand it lets you build custom profile layouts using a substitution like interface.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 9 months ago #312922 by onedotlove
Success!!! I did exactly how you instructed and that same layout page looks identical. Thank you very much. Now on to the next page.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn