[#7561] Can't create new groups

4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #312169 by victoriakim
[#7561] Can't create new groups was created by victoriakim
* Problem Solved: not sure how... I deleted an unpublished group forum category... maybe this helped?...anyway, the new group IDs are being created.

I can't create new groups all of sudden....more exact, when I create a new one, the new replaces the old one with the same group ID. No matter how many time I tried and in different ways (different user, using different group options, under a different group category), all end up in the same group ID.

Since my site is all about groups, this issue is very critical.

CB Groupjive is up to date.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 10 months ago #312174 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Can't create new groups
Shouldn't be any reason for that unless something is overriding the ID in the POST URL for the group edit form. Regardless you can't save data to a group that isn't yours so it's not possible for the old group to be replaced unless the person replacing it is the owner of it. Do you have SEF enabled? If so are you using Joomla SEF or 3rd party SEF?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 10 months ago #312188 by victoriakim
Replied by victoriakim on topic Can't create new groups
What happened (all new groups replaced the previous one) was quite strange, but somehow it got fixed.

I use Joomla SEF, I used to use 3rd party SEF but uninstalled it due to many problems with other plugins.

4 years 10 months ago #312402 by victoriakim
I thought there was no more issue on this subject, but the new group started to replace the previous group again. And it seems there is a pattern when it happens and when doesn't.

In the site, there are menu items for individual GJ categories. When I create a group under these menu items, new replaces the existing. Their URLs look like sitename/menuitemname/categoryID-categoryname/groupID-categoryname.

And there is a menu item that shows all categories. When I create a group under this menu item, there is no problem.

It's important to keep the menu items for individual categories and their URLs because they are really the main part of the site. I 've been working on SEO just for these.

Any suggestions?

4 years 10 months ago #312407 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Can't create new groups
Sounds like a URL routing rule issue in GJ. Please provide the exact menu structure you're using and the URL parameters you've configured for them under the Details tab when this issue is present. This would allow me to replicate your issue and fix the routing rules.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #312413 by victoriakim
They are first level menu items, there are no menu items above or below.

For detailed parameters, please see attached.

The category page URL is MySite.com/CategoryName
The group page URL accesses from above category page is MySite.com/CategoryName/CategoryID-CategoryName/GroupID-GroupName.

I didn't configure these URLs except creating a menu and menu items. I use Joomla SEF URLs.

Thank you.
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.397 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn