[#7561] Can't create new groups

4 years 10 months ago #312420 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Can't create new groups
Ok, that looks like a SEF routing problem in GJ. Have added a bug ticket for further investigation.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7561

The category shouldn't be added since it already exists in the menu item. I'm not sure what the issue is yet with new group from that menu item overriding an existing group as that doesn't particularly make any sense.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #312433 by krileon
Ok, have added some fixes to the rewrite rules. This should prevent double-category when using category menu items and also added hidden POST input to group save form to ensure SEF can't break the group id being stored no matter what. Both fixes will be available in a new build release sometime today or tomorrow.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: victoriakim

4 years 10 months ago #312686 by victoriakim
Replied by victoriakim on topic Can't create new groups
After installing the new GJ build, double-category URL (for existing groups) got fixed.

But I can't create a new group at all from the individual GJ category menu item.

When I use all category menu item and select individual category, then no problem with creating groups.

4 years 10 months ago #312695 by krileon

But I can't create a new group at all from the individual GJ category menu item.

What do you mean you can't create a group? You can't reach the new group page? Throwing an error? I'm having no issues creating groups from a category menu item with and without SEF so I don't know what else could be wrong. Please PM backend super administrator login credentials with exact steps to reproduce your issue and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

4 years 10 months ago #312701 by victoriakim
Replied by victoriakim on topic Can't create new groups
After creating a group by filling out the form, I can't find that group on the category page the group belongs.

Not sure how to PM, should I use the contact form?

4 years 10 months ago #312714 by krileon

After creating a group by filling out the form, I can't find that group on the category page the group belongs.

Strange, I'm unable to confirm such an issue. Will know more after reviewing your install. Both the category and group id come from POST now so shouldn't be possible for SEF to cause any issues here.

Not sure how to PM, should I use the contact form?

Click the "send me a private message" link in the signature of my posts.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn