[SOLVED] Desired Landing page displays only after second immediate login

4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #312642 by ASAAavart
When a member logs in, the desired and distinct "member area welcome" landing page inside the member-only area does not display. Instead the publicly visible "home" page displays again. The member is actually logged in, but it does not appear to be the case. It looks like a failed login. If the member knows to click the main menu tab that says "Members" they will now be able to see the dropdown menu selections for the member-only area. These are not visible when not logged in, but this is not obvious to most members. The correct landing page used to display properly when first set up.

If the member is logged out and logs in again in the next few to 24 (?) hours, the correct member-only landing page does display properly. It is as if it is a cache member recognition issue.

How can this be fixed?

Thank you,
Kristin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 10 months ago #312658 by krileon
Ensure you're using the CB Login Module and not Joomlas login module or any other login module. Next ensure your login redirect within your CB Login Module begins with index.php and is non-SEF. This should guarantee it always works. If you're using a relative SEF URL for the login redirect it could fail due to how URLs are rewritten in Joomla. Additionally ensure the first time login redirect within CB > Configuration > Registration is empty unless you want a different redirect for the first login.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 10 months ago #312663 by ASAAavart
Thank you, I will look at all these points.

Kristin

4 years 10 months ago #312703 by ASAAavart
Kyle,

Implementing all the steps you listed solved the landing page issue that redirects into the members-only area.

If you can, it would be very helpful to be able to read in the popup information box where the redirect address is entered the need to use the index.php/address. Also, the need to leave the Configuration area redirect box empty. That is not obvious procedure to many of us.

Thank you very much,
Kristin / ASAA

4 years 10 months ago #312716 by krileon

If you can, it would be very helpful to be able to read in the popup information box where the redirect address is entered the need to use the index.php/address.

You don't have to provide non-SEF beginning with index.php, it's just more reliable. This is same behavior throughout all of Joomla when providing URLs in parameters; so something to keep in mind if you run into any other URL based parameters. Regardless we could certainly use some improvements on some of the parameter descriptions and have been gradually working through our products to improve all parameter descriptions.

Also, the need to leave the Configuration area redirect box empty. That is not obvious procedure to many of us.

It doesn't have to be left empty as that's the first login redirect. It only impacts the users first login and defaults to sending the user to the profile page on first login. With parameter description improvements in the future it would be good for the login redirect parameter in the CB Login Module to note about the first login redirect though.

Have created a feature ticket to keep track of parameter description improvement suggestions.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7583

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 10 months ago #312722 by ASAAavart
Kyle,

Thank you. Products like Community Builder and Joomla make it possible for people with limited web development experience to provide website presence with some nice functions. I am included in that group and your help with that learning curve is greatly appreciated! It looks like all our malfunctions are fixed, for now.

Many thanks,
Kristin / ASAA
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant, krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn