[#7588] CB Activity showing everything of connections only?

4 years 10 months ago #312752 by Vorak
Thanks for the suggestions.

I tried switching to "Activity", but then again only the few posts of 3 months and such appear. I have tried both with and without the assets you recommended, the result is the same.

Then I tried creating a new menu item, with "Activity" (both with and without the assets) as well as with "My Activity", but there still the same results.

Then, I have tried something else: I tried with a test account which is only connected with two other users (my main account, and one other person). When I look at the activity wall there, I see the posts of my main account, as well as the posts of the second person. The posts of that second person, however, do NOT show up when I look at the activity wall with my main account (with the "My Activity" setting). So it would seem that my second test account shows more of its connections than my main (admin) account. So I'm wondering if this is a clue as to where to look for the cause of the issue?

Nearly all connections on my main account were established through the CB Auto Welcome plugin. Are they somehow handled differently than manual connection requests? Just in case we're on to something here, these are the settings for the CB Auto Welcome plugin:

Auto Welcome message: yes
Notification method: PMS only
PMS welcome subject: (some text filled out)
PMS welcome body: (some text filled out)
PMS sender id: 6838 (this is actually the user id of the second person whose posts only appear on my test account, although the connection there was also established automatically through the plugin)
EMAIL Welcome Subject: (some text filled out)
EMAIL Welcome Body: (some text filled out)
EMAIL Sender Id: 62 (62 is an additional admin account of mine)
Automatic connection to user: yes
Direction of connection request: key user request
Connection request message: (some text filled out here)
Key user Ids: 6838,64 (64 is my main account)

I have also just now tested between the test account and the additional admin account (with user id 62). I posted something with one account as "public". It did not appear to the second. When the second account requested a connection to the first one, the post did appear (even before the first account accepted the connection request).
Then I posted something with the privacy setting "connections only". Neither post appeared to each other as long as there was no connection request & acceptance. Once connection was established both ways, both could see each other's test post. The connection here was, of course, not established through the CB Auto Welcome plugin.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 10 months ago #312759 by krileon
Sounds like you've one way connections or the connection requests are not approved. You can configure CB Auto Welcome to send connection requests to those users, but it doesn't mean they have to accept them. If "Mutual Consent" is set to "Yes" and "Direction of connection request" is set to "key user request" then it means you sent a connection request to them and they have to accept it. If they don't accept it they are not considered a complete connection and you will not see their activity. CB Auto Welcome can't bypass the mutual consent parameter. You should be able to confirm this by looking at your connections and seeing a Cancel button to cancel the request.

If you want to force a connection with those users you can do so using CB Auto Actions acting on the after user registration trigger with a Connection auto action as it can override those settings.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 10 months ago #312770 by Vorak
I'm aware that users have to accept the connection request first, and most of them do (I don't intend to force them to accept it). I get an email and PMS notification every time a user does. I have checked for several users that I am listed in their list of connections, and I only have the option to "cancel connection" (not cancel request). Yet, the posts of these accounts don't show for me when "My Connections" is set. At least not for my main account, as the test I did with the test account and second admin account did seem to work fine.

4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #312773 by krileon
I've no idea then. Some reason those connections didn't properly establish for your main account. I don't see any reason in CB Auto Welcome for them to fail as it's calling the standard addConnection API endpoint for Connections so once the recipient users accepts the connection request you should both be fully connected to one another. Try removing a connection to a user that has activity posts and requesting a new connection to them.

CB Activity will only display posts from connections if the connection request was accepted and the users account is approved, confirmed, and not blocked. You can check the connection details in _comprofiler database table. From you to them will have your user id supplied in referenceid, their user id supplied in memberid, and accepted set to 1. CB Activity is grabbing this list of users via Connections API call getActiveConnections.

You can try using CB Auto Actions and its Connections action and see if that works. You'd act on the after user registration trigger then just test with a newly registered user to see if the connection request is sent, accept it, then post on your wall. Next login with your main account to see if you can see the post. If you still can't then I've no clue what's going on with your main account.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 10 months ago #312775 by krileon
How many connections do you have? I wonder if you're hitting some sort of SQL issue as it just constructs the assets then adds them as part of the IN. If you've too many the array maybe failing, but you should see PHP/SQL error if that was the case. I can take a look, but you'd need to PM login credentials for your main account since it doesn't impact anyone else.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

4 years 10 months ago #312776 by Vorak
I just removed the connection with my test account (which had been connected with CB Auto Welcome), sent a new request which I then accepted with the test account. On my main account, I still don't see any post of the test account. The other way around, the posts of my main account disappeared on my test account's activity wall when connection removed, and showed up again when a new connection was established. So CB Auto Welcome is probably not the cause after all.

And yes, the thought just occurred to me as well that maybe it has something to do with the large amount of connections. I have nearly 2500 connections, mainly because most people accept the automatic connection request.

No php/sql error appears on the screen though. When I switch error reporting on, none of the errors/notices that appear seem to be related to this issue:
Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in (path)/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/plugin/cbsubscontent/cbsubs.content_access.php on line 767

Warning: Illegal string offset 'style' in (path)/libraries/src/Helper/ModuleHelper.php on line 235

Warning: Illegal string offset 'style' in (path)/libraries/src/Helper/ModuleHelper.php on line 252

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.383 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn