[SOLVED] Blog has 'Owner' field I want to hide, but the option is not working

4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #312840 by mrGorion
I was using Community Builder (free) in my site for about 2 years during development (after hour project) and have decided to to move forward and add galleries, activity boards etc. So I have purchased the product and re-installed it in my site. Now I am facing an issue where the fields in Blog do not respond to the config in backend. I want to remove 'acces level' and 'owner' fields but cannot

The access field is just unnecessary but the owner bit is critcal, I've actually created a blog for a super user with a registered test user...

My page is here: www.trampolina.pro/pro (you need to go to /pro because the main address will display a blank page)
Then go to login -> test/test
Then KONTO->Moj Profil->blogs (called 'historie' in my site)->new blog

Screenshots attached, some joomla info below.
Please let me know what could be the cause of that, I'm betting some piece of old config must be stored somewhere, I did full uninstall and full install but did not touch the database

Thanks,
Alex

System Information
PHP Built On Linux carpo 4.20.99 #9 SMP Wed Dec 30 44:44:44 CET 2021 x86_64
Database Version 5.5.5-10.2.11-MariaDB-10.2.11+maria~jessie-log
Database Collation utf8_general_ci
Database Connection Collation utf8mb4_general_ci
PHP Version 7.2.13
Web Server Apache
WebServer to PHP Interface cgi-fcgi
Joomla! Version Joomla! 3.8.3 Stable [ Amani ] 12-December-2017 15:00 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version Joomla Platform 13.1.0 Stable [ Curiosity ] 24-Apr-2013 00:00 GMT
User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/74.0.3729.169 Safari/537.36
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 10 months ago #312844 by krileon
Those parameters are ignored for CB Moderators. This is noted in their descriptions. Login as a regular registered user and those fields won't be visible. If they're visible while logging in as a regular registered user then Moderator View Access Level is set incorrectly in CB > Configuration > Moderation. It should be set to a view access level with strict usergroup selection in it (typically just Super Users, Manager, and Administrator).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #312873 by mrGorion
Hi krileon,
that worked like a charm!

Thank you Sir
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn