How to moderate gallery file uploads?

4 years 9 months ago #313257 by kdave321
How to moderate gallery file uploads? was created by kdave321
I am trying to make a convenient method for users to upload articles/videos which need to be approved before I publish them as Joomla content.
I thought requiring approval in CB Gallery plugin for the media or files would work but I don't see the files to be approved in the backend. I do get an email saying it needs to be approved, and I can go to the users profile gallery, then album, then file and click Approve there. Am I missing something? Is there a better way to do this?

It's also completely unclear to the normal user how to do this. Maybe a private tab that's just for submissions to the editor?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 9 months ago #313263 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic How to moderate gallery file uploads?
You can approve media that's pending approval from backend within CB Gallery > Media. Using the Search Tools at the top of the table you can filter it to Unapproved media as well. You can also approve media from frontend by creating a Joomla menu item with a menu type of Community Builder > Plugin then for Plugin select CB Gallery and finally set Action to Approval. Then of course as you're already doing you can approve the media from the gallery it was uploaded to.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 9 months ago #313266 by kdave321
Replied by kdave321 on topic How to moderate gallery file uploads?
OK, thanks. I see that works if the user uploads a file - as long as they don't add it to an album! Not sure if that's a "hidden configuration option", but they can still upload any file to an album without required approval.

But I needed an easier method for my non-technical users to submit content. The Joomla create article function is too difficult.

Not sure how others handle this but I found I could just give them a Submit Content button using the BreezingForms extension which gives them a page to upload any file ( extension & size restrictions apply) to the admin editors.

4 years 9 months ago #313269 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic How to moderate gallery file uploads?

OK, thanks. I see that works if the user uploads a file - as long as they don't add it to an album! Not sure if that's a "hidden configuration option", but they can still upload any file to an album without required approval.

Album uploads can not bypass approval. Approval doesn't care that it's being uploaded to an album or not. The only uploads that skip approval are those directly uploaded from a stream through CB Activity as long as the type isn't a file. CB Moderators are also completely exempt from upload approval and their uploads will be published immediately so be sure Moderator View Access Level is configured correctly in CB > Moderations.

But I needed an easier method for my non-technical users to submit content. The Joomla create article function is too difficult.

Not sure how others handle this but I found I could just give them a Submit Content button using the BreezingForms extension which gives them a page to upload any file ( extension & size restrictions apply) to the admin editors.

That doesn't really have anything to do with CB so I can't really help you there. I've always just used Joomlas create article page, but yes you could use a 3rd party form extension or look into using something like K2.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn