[#7685] AutoPublish Joomla articles in CB Activity Wall (step by step)

4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #313441 by Aless76
Hello Community Builder Staff,

I'm trying to show Joomla articles (title and intro text) into the activity stream of registered users (of specific Joomla Group) after I create a new article.
I found this post and I tried to follow the steps (using cb system autoactions):

"www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/237678-getting-articles-to-post-to-activity-wall"

But after several attempts (changing configurations and variables), nothing is published in the activity stream... :-(
Of course I wrong something somewhere... :-(

Can you guide me step by step in the configuration of the CB Auto Actions plugin to make articles (of a specific category) shows in the activity stream of registered users?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 8 months ago #313450 by krileon
Ensure CB Auto Actions is up to date then navigate to CB Auto Actions > System Actions and publish "CB Articles - Create". The system action works with Joomla and K2 articles.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 8 months ago #313452 by Aless76
Hello Krileon,
thanks for your quick answer. I followed your guide but unfortunately It doesn't work... :-(

I attached the screenshots of the autoactions task I created that is published both in CB plugins and in Joomla plugins to check if everything is right.

Just some more information:

- I create a new Joomla articles from the admin control panel (not from the frontend);

- I made test between users that are connected each other.

- I'm already using some autoaction task to redirect the user to a secific page after the registration process and everything is working fine.

- Moreover I noticed that if I create a blog with CB Blog (Joomla model selected), the Blog article is published without any problem both in the CB activity stream and in the Joomla Content page.

How can I solve the problem? Is any variable that is wrong in the autoactions configuration?

Thanks again.

4 years 8 months ago #313453 by krileon
That auto action depends on the API provided by CB Articles. Ensure CB Articles is published and configured properly. If you don't want its tab actually visible simply move it to a not shown on profile tab position so its API can work, but you don't have to use the tab it self.

- I create a new Joomla articles from the admin control panel (not from the frontend);

It is not designed for backend usage. It's designed for frontend usage. Retry with frontend Joomla create article page.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 8 months ago #313814 by Aless76
Hello Krileon,

thanks for your help. But it's still not working... :-(

I spent several days trying to understand what the problem is... I even reinstalled a clean joomla 3.9.11 platform and latest community builder (and latest CB Activity, CB Auto Actions, CB Conditional, Cb Footer Removal, Cb ProfileBook, Cb Query Field).

In CB Plugin Management I published the system autoaction "CB Articles - Create" (access everybody), I then created two users from the frontend CB registration page, I connected everyone with each other and I started to "make experiments". Everything is published, everything is working but...

If a user create a joomla article from frontend, it is NOT published in the activity wall of other users, even if it is showed in the "articles tab" of the user's profile (I tried with user as Publisher, Admin, Superuser)...

On the contrary, If a user creates a CB Blog, it is correctly published in the activity wall of other users...

At the end... It looks like the "CB Articles - Create" trigger is not working (at least in my case).. :-(

I'm still wronging something somewhere?...

How can I solve this problem? Can you guide me again in the configuration of the CB Auto Actions plugin to make Joomla articles shows in the activity stream of users?.. I If you want I can give you the credentials to enter my website backend and check what's wrong...

Thanks again in advance for the help.

4 years 8 months ago #313819 by krileon
Looks like the activity is being created correctly, but isn't displaying correctly. Looks like display issues maybe due to a display parsing bug in CB Activity. You should see the activity logged in backend within CB Activity > Activity. Have added a bug ticket to see what's blocking the display.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7685

Will try to have a fix available for later today.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn